Author Topic: GSX and P3Dv4.5 : ONLY TWO ISSUES FOR ATTENTION  (Read 992 times)

quentcor

GSX and P3Dv4.5 : ONLY TWO ISSUES FOR ATTENTION
« on: October 17, 2022, 09:57:11 am »
Hi Umberto,
I only have two GSX issues requiring attention and hopefully they can be fixed without taking up too much of your time.

The first is that GSX jetways are not loading automatically on arrival at an airport, as they used to. Restarting Couatl solves this, but it would be great if this happened automatically. Is this perhaps a simconnect problem, or is it that the jetways don't load when selecting a parking in the appropriate menu?

The second matter is less important and it concerns the walker (technician) who announces "unlocking gear" while he stands a long way from the aircraft nose wheel. It's a sequencing thing in the code, as he should logically move to the nosewheel first and then announce "unlocking gear".

Can I just say that I have great sympathy for you and all the fsdreamteam developers trying to 'keep the ship afloat' in very trying economic times. You have a great product and I sincerely hope you will find ways around all the challenges. You have been very generous giving all your users free updates over many years and I, for one, am very grateful. If business survival depends on curtailing this generosity, then so be it. Strength and good fortune to the fsdreamteam team going forward.

With kind regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and P3Dv4.5 : ONLY TWO ISSUES FOR ATTENTION
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 01:54:07 pm »
The first is that GSX jetways are not loading automatically on arrival at an airport, as they used to. Restarting Couatl solves this, but it would be great if this happened automatically. Is this perhaps a simconnect problem, or is it that the jetways don't load when selecting a parking in the appropriate menu?

As already confirmed in other threads, we are aware of this issue, but we haven't found the cause. It's surely a bug that must be fixed.

The second matter is less important and it concerns the walker (technician) who announces "unlocking gear" while he stands a long way from the aircraft nose wheel. It's a sequencing thing in the code, as he should logically move to the nosewheel first and then announce "unlocking gear".

This not really a bug, is more related to the fact the procedure has been changed following users suggestions our old procedure was wrong, and the first thing you should do before attaching anything to the airplane is to place the bypass-pin, but the P3D version of the walker is missing the animations that make it clear what he's doing, we are trying to port the MSFS version back to P3D, but it seems there are some issues causing graphical problems we need to understand.

quentcor

Re: GSX and P3Dv4.5 : ONLY TWO ISSUES FOR ATTENTION
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 02:22:50 pm »
Thanks for your reply Umberto. No doubt the issues will be fixed in time, as they always have been in the past.