Author Topic: File option 1-9  (Read 3488 times)

ragaghae

File option 1-9
« on: October 15, 2022, 05:28:35 pm »
hi im having a problem with my GSX i bought it a week ago and didnt find a solution nothing works, instead of showing me the options of ground services ands tuff it shows me only "File option 1-9"
heres a pic for an example of the issue:

https://gyazo.com/7257f5d941db72b43444a20334c470f1

Copper

Re: File option 1-9
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 08:27:13 pm »
Is Couatl running (icon in system tray)?
Also check the Couatl.err log if there is anything hinting that it could not start properly.
Here's how to report a problem correctly: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

ragaghae

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 09:11:45 pm »
yeah its running, and i grinded the forums ive seen that report and the solutions tehre didnt work

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 12:01:58 am »
I originally posted about this since it came out and they said they have never seen this before but in last 2 weeks I've seen more and more post about this .... I really wish they would fix this or someone found a fix for it cause its been like this since day one I bought it....

PLEASE HELP US PEOPLE WITH THIS PROBLEM FSDT!!!

I have sent all my logs and everything was perfect... Updated to all versions deleted MSFS and reinstalled it and everything under the sun you can think of....

I never wanted my money back because I thought support would be able to solve this so I can enjoy this product but it hasn't happened yet.... Ill keep waiting though and make it known that this is a problem untill we get a fix..

Copper

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 11:07:42 am »
Did you reinstall GSX from scratch?
Also I initially had issues with GSX when it was installed in the default C:\Program Files\... directory. I changed the FSDT installer directory to another drive (where there are no access restrictions to admin rights) and didn't have issues with it.

My blind guess is that Couatl is not able to write the files which contain the menu options so it remains with the default placeholder names.
The file that contains the menu options (it is written by Couatl to update the options) is:
Code: [Select]
(your install folder)\Addon
Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsxpro\html_ui\InGamePanels\FSDT_GSX_Panel\menu
Try to open it and change one of the lines there and save it - do you get any Admin Permission prompt or errors?

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 12:09:40 am »
Ive uninstalled and reinstalled it about a 12 dozen times now.

ragaghae

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 11:30:53 am »
dude what are we supposed to do it doesnt seem like theres a solution

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 01:25:19 pm »
It's impossible to help anyone without a problem error log, which can be created as explained in the "How to report a problem" Sticky post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

Copper

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 08:51:04 pm »
dude
"Dude"...
I tried to help, but none of you followed my instructions, neither you followed the instructions of the post I (and Umberto) linked.
What do you expect then?

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 12:23:01 am »
Read my pass post i have done everything u asked and then some...

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2022, 12:40:47 am »
Did you reinstall GSX from scratch?
Also I initially had issues with GSX when it was installed in the default C:\Program Files\... directory. I changed the FSDT installer directory to another drive (where there are no access restrictions to admin rights) and didn't have issues with it.

My blind guess is that Couatl is not able to write the files which contain the menu options so it remains with the default placeholder names.
The file that contains the menu options (it is written by Couatl to update the options) is:
Code: [Select]
(your install folder)\Addon
Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsxpro\html_ui\InGamePanels\FSDT_GSX_Panel\menu
Try to open it and change one of the lines there and save it - do you get any Admin Permission prompt or errors?

I did this and no I didn't get not get the any Admin Permission prompt or errors.. But thanks for trying to help us!

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2022, 03:27:48 am »
Here it is again .... With the new update...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2022, 08:03:01 am »
Here it is again .... With the new update...

The new update is not supposed to fix that, first because we can't replicate it in any way, and also because it's not related at all with the airport cache, and it's clearly related to something very strange with your settings.

Your last log only shows you exited the simulator before it even entered in an airport, and it shows some invalid/corrupted folders in your Community folder so, I'd start by removing these or check why they can't be read.

Also, try to enabled the new Navdata API, which will skip entirely the need to read the Community.

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 11:56:07 am »
Where do i enable that at?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2022, 01:20:52 pm »
Where do i enable that at?

From the latest release notes:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

GSX Pro NEW: SU10 Navdata support in Public Beta, to achieve compatibility with Marketplace airports and removing the need to use and maintain the Airport Cache. Support for the new API is currently considered Beta, and by default, is DISABLED, and GSX will work as before, using the Airport Cache and not being compatible with encrypted airports. To Enable support for SU10 Navdata API, open the GSX Config Panel in the FSDT Installer, and check the relevant option. At the end of the Beta period, once we’ll gather enough feedback to consider it stable, a further update will make the SU10 Navdata used by default.

GSX Pro NEW: Updated Manual, please read about using the Navdata API at Pages 71-72.