Author Topic: Parking spot selection  (Read 1183 times)

WernerAir

Parking spot selection
« on: October 14, 2022, 05:27:26 pm »
When you land at an airport, MSFS usually assigns a parking position for you and spawns ground equipment (baggage loader, stairs, pushback tug, GPU, Catering truck, etc.) at this position.

I have noted that when I use the GSX menu to select a parking spot after landing, new ground equipment is spawned at the selected location (as it should), but the ground equipment spawned by MSFS is not removed. As a result of this, if I happen to choose the same parking position in GSX that was already assigned to me by MSFS, both sets of ground equipment are standing around this position. As you can see in the attached screenshot (using the freeware SPJR scenery plus the GSX customization from flightsim.to), things get a bit crowded then - and some animations no longer work, like passengers walking through the stairs from the "default" ground equipment set.

Is there any way to make sure that "default" ground equipment from MSFS is removed whenever I select a parking position via the GSX menu?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking spot selection
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 07:42:54 pm »
Is there any way to make sure that "default" ground equipment from MSFS is removed whenever I select a parking position via the GSX menu?

It's already removed and it surely works. But if the airport customization you are using have moved the parking spot too far from the original location, it might not work. Try the same airport without a profile.

layercom

Re: Parking spot selection
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 06:15:35 am »
Hi virtuali,

Is it possible to sync msfs atc request parking to gate with GSX parking to gate? As in when you request via the msfs atc menu parking to gate GSX would understand this and assign you the same parking gate spot?

Just wonderkng that would be great.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 09:11:48 am by virtuali »