Author Topic: fuel don't load airplanes without EFB and options "show MSFS ecc" enabled  (Read 1675 times)

marcogagnor

As I assumed, as long as I use planes with EFBs I can refuel. With aircraft without EFB no, because even if the simbrief item is green and the "Show MSFS fuel cargo etc" option is selected, the simbrief item does not appear to be selected, so since I did the update more than a month does

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I moved your post in the MSFS section, since you posted it in the FSX/P3D section.

Fact the airplane has an EFB or not doesn't have ANY relationship to the way GSX loads Fuel OR display ( or not ) the GSX Refuel menu, which MIGHT include an option to load the Fuel Quantity indicated on Simbrief, assuming the Simbrief plan has been loaded.

As explained on the manual, and so many times on the forum too, the ONLY thing that controls how GSX Refuels the airplane is the "Show Fuel and Cargo dialog during refueling" option.

- If the Option is Enabled, GSX will refuel the airplane and will show its own Fuel menu, which will eventually contain an option to use SimBrief

- If the Option is Disabled, GSX will NOT refuel the airplane, and will not show ANY Fuel menu, so it won't use SimBrief in any case.

You can't just decide to change the option on airplanes that CANNOT be refuel by GSX: there's a reason why that option is Disabled on some airplanes.

The most notable example is the PMDG 737: you can't just Enable the option so you could add a SimBrief refueling option to an airplane that doesn't have it because, no matter what you do, the PMDG 737 CANNOT be refueled by GSX. That's just an example but, in general, if the airplane has a custom fuel simulation, meaning it doesn't accept being refueled externally, the option MUST be Disabled, no way out of this.

marcogagnor

yes I know how it works, but the item to select did not appear even with the option selected. However, I solved it with an update that I had not done for at least 1 month.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
However, I solved it with an update that I had not done for at least 1 month.

Always be sure you are on the last update before reporting any problems.

marcogagnor

actually I've been talking to you about this problem for months, but I've been using planes with the EFB all this time, then I've now switched to one without it, so it's reappeared. This time it was enough to update but the last few times no, the manual was not needed since the procedures were performed correctly. As for the updates, there are no alerts in the app for updates, you must always look at the forum, also the app for updates, updates in loop if activated.

I ask you here not to open a new post. Speaking with virtualcool support about their EMB190 / 195, they provided me with files to put in the airplanes folder, this is how the aircraft was configured. However now GSX no longer reads the aircraft's symbrief profile, giving an error saying the aircraft type was not found. However, before then everything worked, but the plane was not configured. Now it is configured but symbrief no longer works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
actually I've been talking to you about this problem for months, but I've been using planes with the EFB all this time, then I've now switched to one without it, so it's reappeared.

And as I've said several times, including the last post, the presence of an EFB in the airplane doesn't have ANY relationship to how GSX refuels or not the airplane, the only thing that matters is the "Show Fuel and Cargo dialog during refueling" option. GSX doesn't know or care which airplane have an EFB, it only looks at THAT option.

This time it was enough to update but the last few times no, the manual was not needed since the procedures were performed correctly. As for the updates, there are no alerts in the app for updates, you must always look at the forum, also the app for updates, updates in loop if activated.

The update doesn't "updates in a loop". The release note threads clearly indicates that SOME files are INTENDED to be always downloaded each time, simply because it's faster to do so than checking them ( also explained ).

I ask you here not to open a new post. Speaking with virtualcool support about their EMB190 / 195, they provided me with files to put in the airplanes folder, this is how the aircraft was configured. However now GSX no longer reads the aircraft's symbrief profile, giving an error saying the aircraft type was not found. However, before then everything worked, but the plane was not configured. Now it is configured but symbrief no longer works

That's also something that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the GSX airplane profile.

There's only ONE place GSX looks for to know the airplane type, and it's the icao_type_designator entry in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file and this, as proven about all the discussions about the PMDG 737-800 supposedly not being identified ( when it was JUST PMDG setting the wrong icao type for the -800, and they FIXED it in the last update ), it works perfectly fine, as long the code that matches the code in SimBrief.

marcogagnor

virtualcool gave me some CFG files to download telling me to put them in the community folder, this didn't work and now they tell me to ask you where I should put the CFG files related to the airplane.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
virtualcool gave me some CFG files to download telling me to put them in the community folder, this didn't work and now they tell me to ask you where I should put the CFG files related to the airplane.

As explained in the manual, a GSX.CFG file for any aircraft will work in BOTH these locations:

- The airplane own folder, the same one that contains the aircraft.cfg file that is located in the aircraft package under the SimObjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME

- The GSX user profiles folder in %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\GSX\AIRPLANE_NAME

AIRPLANE_NAME must be the SAME name of the airplane own folder in the SimObjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME from the Community folder

However, this would only result in GSX knowing about all the airplane doors and contact points AND the mostly important "Show Fuel and Cargo dialog during refueling" option, which tells if GSX is allowed to refuel the airplane itself.

If that option is Enabled, THEN you MIGHT be able to see the Simbrief menu, assuming you do have a flight plan active using that airplane and all the other constrains satisfied, resulting in the SimBrief button showing OK/Green.