Author Topic: Static cars  (Read 4075 times)

Klm76865

Static cars
« on: February 20, 2010, 04:23:42 pm »
Hi Guys!!

Can somebody help me with the following:
I want to install some static cars to empty parking places at some airports.
Can anyone explain me how to do this, and tell me if i need some programs for this?

Thanks,

Greetzz Robbie

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Static cars
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:44:51 am »
For FSX you can doing it using the freeware program Airport Design Editor(ADE), the SDK's object placer, Sbuilderx, or a payware program like Instant Scenery or Airport Facilitator X (ADX). There's probably a few other freeware offerings also but those are the ones that pop into mind right away.

Personally I use Instant Scenery becasue I had it for FS9 and they had a free update for FSX, not to mention that it's easy to use because you can place the object live in game and see the results instantly. With ADE you can also do it and lock ADE to FSX so that you can determine your position that you are going to place the object, however you cant see it being placed live. You will have to save the new ADE file and reboot FSX to see the results.

Just be carefull when placing cars because too many of these little object can start to cause a preformance hit if you get crazy and place too many.

Even though I have the SDK installed I have ever used the object placer so I cant comment on its ease of use.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:46:41 am by cmpbllsjc »

Klm76865

Re: Static cars
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 05:06:32 pm »
Allright,

I will try to look for this Instant Scenery, i still use FS9 by the way.
You know were i can find some static cars as well, maybe i will try the avsim or flightsim library's? 

thanks for you response!!