Author Topic: GSX 2 does not recognize United as handling company  (Read 1592 times)

anthropos

GSX 2 does not recognize United as handling company
« on: October 13, 2022, 12:54:54 pm »
Hi fellows,

I've noticed that whenever I use a United Airlines (UAL ) aircraft ( PMDG or FSLABS ) I have as handling agent the default JET AVIATION.

This is something that before was not happening. I've tried to look for a solution on the GSX configurator but I was not able to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated

Best regards

Nuno

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2 does not recognize United as handling company
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 03:21:40 pm »
Since GSX has been released in 2012, the airline code of the airplane you are flying never had any effect on the choice of the ground handlers.

It wouldn't be very realist if it worked that way, because it would result in your "home crew" always following you, anywhere in the world, when in reality ground handlers are related to the airport. Which means, the choice of an operator is driven by:

- First and foremost, that operator must be available at that airport, according to the ground handling rules that set a variable scoring based on the ICAO code of the airport.

- If multiple operators are allowed on an airport, the airline codes of the *PARKING* will act as tie-breakers to decide the operator, provided the code are of operators allowed in the airport so, for example, even if British Airways might have its code on some International gates at KLAX (because they park or codeshare there), you still won't see British Airways there, because its not assigned to KLAX to begin with.

- If even after using the Parking airline codes, there are still multiple operators available with the same scoring, you will see the menu asking which one you want to use.

- And of course, if you manually setup the operator in the GSX customization page for that parking spot, it will "win" against anything, so you'll always get that one, *there*

The airline code of your airplane will effect only ONE thing: the choice of the livery used for ULDs.

anthropos

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 03:43:00 pm »
Thank you very much for your quick reponse.

Before a menu to choose the handling agent was shown, but since a couple of weeks it doesn't ask anything.

It's curious I am at the same airports ( KDEN and KIAH ) on the United terminals and I got only this handling agent when requesting GSX.

Even the containers are from JET AVIATION

I didn't touch anything on the configurator or %APPDATA% and was just curious about this change ( on my simulator ). Please bare in mind that in any circumstances I'm blamming FSDREAMTEAM.

Thank you once agan and if there is a solution for my specific case I'll be  greatfull

Nuno

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 10:48:58 am »
It's curious I am at the same airports ( KDEN and KIAH ) on the United terminals and I got only this handling agent when requesting GSX.

You haven't said which KIAH ( or KDEN ) you are referring to but, assuming you use FSDT KIAH, I just tried now, and by selecting Deboarding at Gate B30, I got a menu with multiple companies, including United, in the right livery.

Also, you haven't said which simulator you use and you cut your screenshot making impossible to understand from the screenshot which simulator you used. I tried P3D V5.

anthropos

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 02:23:32 pm »
I'm sorry Umberto.

I'm using P3Dv4, and that's correct KIAH scenery is from FSDREAMTEAM and KDEN is from Flightbeam.

Thank you for your support and forgive my lack of experience in this forum.

Best regards

Nuno

Flyboy1212

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 02:48:50 am »
I am also experiencing this issue on P3DV4 and it does not matter what airport I am at default or addon scenery. In addition no handling companies show up under the customize airport positions.

Update: I uninstalled then reinstalled GSX and this fixed my problem, it might be possible that during an update the file/files responsible for selecting handling companies got corrupted
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 02:53:38 am by Flyboy1212 »

skyymann

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 12:18:42 am »
Hello Umberto,

I am also having the same issue in P3dV4. It seems to be random, but for the most part, I only get Jet Aviation now and no list of airlines. This has happened at  FSDT and other airports. Never used to happen. I also check the gates and the correct airlines are shown (UPS at KSDF for example.) This is a strange one. I suppose I could uninstall and re install, but I see I'm not the only one.

Scott