Author Topic: Numpad 7/9 not working correctly  (Read 1336 times)

Mr.Rick

Numpad 7/9 not working correctly
« on: October 11, 2022, 02:25:15 pm »
In the editor (eg parking editor)  and I press Numpad 7 or 9 which are supposed to take you to the next/prev parking instead it rolls the drone camer and the editor graphics dissappear, it seems the editor is still active as you can use other keys and see the vehicle rotate or similar, and if you press ENTER it will exit the editor with the appropriate voice... I have reinstall GSX from scrach, have no other addons running and have set the keyboar controls to default..

Here is a little video/gif of what happens (at any airport):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64ZYQX_4QE
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 04:15:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Numpad 7/9 not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 04:18:17 pm »
In the editor (eg parking editor)  and I press Numpad 7 or 9 which are supposed to take you to the next/prev parking instead it rolls the drone camer and the editor graphics dissappear,

The key worked and the editor hasn't disappeared, it DID go to edit another parking as expected, the problem is that, since you have the Follow option disabled, the camera hasn't moved to follow the editor on the new parking.

Mr.Rick

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 04:43:06 am »
In the editor (eg parking editor)  and I press Numpad 7 or 9 which are supposed to take you to the next/prev parking instead it rolls the drone camer and the editor graphics dissappear,

The key worked and the editor hasn't disappeared, it DID go to edit another parking as expected, the problem is that, since you have the Follow option disabled, the camera hasn't moved to follow the editor on the new parking.

Ok, tried with the Follow Mode on and no difference...   If what you described was the case, why can you still rotate the pushback tug at the current position?  Also would the plane not dissappear as it gets taken to the next/prev position.

I made another video here this time with a airport that has only 2 parking spots to make it easier to see whats going on,  you can see the editor is not moving to any of the other spaces and the pushback tug is still rotatable on the first parking slot even though all the gui elements have dissappeared?

Edit: Just did some more testing and this issue ONLY happens when "Customize vehicle locations" is used, the Parking and Parking system editors work as expected.  Also if I press F1/F4 for next/prev object the gui comes up again at the same parking spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_y-r8h8PDg

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 01:14:21 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 01:49:37 pm »
Ok, tried with the Follow Mode on and no difference...

Well, that surely was an issue, since with follow disabled, it would have happened for sure.

the Parking and Parking system editors work as expected.  Also if I press F1/F4 for next/prev object the gui comes up again at the same parking spot.

Alright, this is more clear and yes, I can reproduce it, so it will be surely fixed.

Note that, the camera banking with 7/9 can't be fixed unless you disable those key from the camera view, because there's no way in the MSFS SDK ( it was always possible since FSX ) to momentarily prevent a key to reach the sim.

Mr.Rick

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 01:52:50 pm »
Ok, tried with the Follow Mode on and no difference...

Well, that surely was an issue, since with follow disabled, it would have happened for sure.

the Parking and Parking system editors work as expected.  Also if I press F1/F4 for next/prev object the gui comes up again at the same parking spot.

Alright, this is more clear and yes, I can reproduce it, so it will be surely fixed.

Note that, the camera banking with 7/9 can't be fixed unless you disable those key from the camera view, because there's no way in the MSFS SDK ( it was always possible since FSX ) to momentarily prevent a key to reach the sim.

Thanks for that :)    I have actually since changed those keybinds to Shift 7/9 so  that doesnt happen anymore...

Btw: I appreciate your patience with everyone who posts on these forums, there are some people who are so rude I would just delete their post!