Author Topic: Marshaller distance readout always visible (white letters) with VDGS  (Read 1746 times)

Fiorentoni

When I *load* a flight at a (custom profile) gate with VDGS the white marshaller distance readout letters appear above the VDGS in the air. That's obviously wrong, 1) because it's VDGS and no marshaller 2) because I just started my flight and did not come into the gate rolling.
Disabling the option for the marshaller readout in the settings does *not* remove the white letters, by the way.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller distance readout always visible (white letters) with VDGS
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 11:31:45 am »
That's obviously wrong, 1) because it's VDGS and no marshaller

No, this is correct, because the VGDS for GSX is a "Parking System", so it's just another kind of Marshaller and, since there might be some types in which the distance/offset might not be so easy to read from a distance, the Distance Readout is equally useful and should be there.

The option is called "Marshaller Readout distance", only because the Marshaller is the default Parking System when no customization is used, and to somebody that never open the scenery customization page, the term "Parking System" might not be so obvious.

2) because I just started my flight and did not come into the gate rolling.

That's a whole entirely different issue we are aware of and will be looked at.

Disabling the option for the marshaller readout in the settings does *not* remove the white letters, by the way.

Yes, it does, but it won't immediately remove numbers that were already there when you disabled the option, it will only be effective from the next GSX Restart.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 01:19:25 pm »
Thanks for the explanation and glad it's already under review.

chickster25

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 11:43:27 am »
How do we disable this "Marshaller Readout distance" option as I get the white numbers too?

Can we disable globally or is it per airport?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 12:48:31 pm »
How do we disable this "Marshaller Readout distance" option as I get the white numbers too?

By disabling that option in the settings.

Can we disable globally or is it per airport?

Like everything else in the settings page, it's global.