Author Topic: GSX Pro - You need to set parking brakes to request ground services ERROR  (Read 7415 times)

WingsCatcher91

Hi all,

I keep getting this error with the LVFR A321, can't use GSXPRO at all with this.
Worth mentioning I am using it in conjunction with the Horizon Simulations FBW mod.

Wonder how can this be fixed?

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Worth mentioning I am using it in conjunction with the Horizon Simulations FBW mod.

This is likely the problem.

While the LVFR A321 is currently supported out of the box by GSX, and the FBW also is, your hybrid is not and, since the FBW requires a custom Parking Brake variable the LVFR doesn't, GSX can't recognize it because you created a variation that is neither one or the other.

What's the name of the airplane folder, the one that contains the aircraft.cfg file ? We might add this new variation to the internal database as well.

WingsCatcher91

Hi Virtuali,

Thank you very much for your reply. Its quite a shame that we can't use the GSX PRO with this add-on, to be honest GSX has become like a must have in MSFS, hopefully we can find a solution.
This mod really enhances the airplane but unfortunately no ground services with the plane.

zLVFR-A21N-FBW-Compatibility - That is the folder name in the community folder and here you find the 4 type models of the A321 with the aircraft.cfg files.

The mod also can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/markszutor/LVFR-A321neo-FBW-Compatibility-mod/tree/FBW-Textures-(based-on-perf-updates)
If that helps.

Fingers crossed we get a solution :D

Thank you

emirsert1

Re: GSX Pro - You need to set parking brakes to request ground services ERROR
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 10:17:50 pm »
Hello, Is there an update on this issue maybe? The Horizon simulations' mod is a great addition and the parking brake issue just makes me to not use this mod since gsx is by far the most needed addon for msfs in my opinion. thanks

emirsert1

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 04:11:06 pm »
I tried adding Parking Brake 100.00 to apron. Flt But now cannot disable the parking brake.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 05:12:40 pm »
We added support for the Latin VFR A321 merged with FBW in today's update.

WingsCatcher91

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 08:46:22 pm »
You're a legend Virtuali, thank you for taking this onboard!!! :D  :D

lubiempiwo

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 07:04:54 pm »
We added support for the Latin VFR A321 merged with FBW in today's update.

Is it possible to make similar for my A319 mod?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 09:58:39 am »
Is it possible to make similar for my A319 mod?

With yesterday's update, there's no need to wait for us to add support for an airplane with a non-standard parking brake anymore:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

GSX Pro NEW: Added Parking Brakes Test XML expression in the Airplane Configuration editor, to allow adding support for airplanes with non-standard Parking Brake systems and Chocks to be user-editable without waiting to be supported by GSX internally.

The manual has been updated to better explain how this works, and at Page 62 there are some examples of XML expressions to use, and one of those examples is precisely the Latin VFR A321 merged with FBW. I guess the same string should work with the A319 as well.

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 12:07:53 pm »
Hi there,

I undersodd that Headwind A330-900 is now supporterted by GSX and just updated GSX Pro. However, in the manual I see no XML RPN expression to add in the airplane editor so the parking brakes issue can be worked around. Could you please share it?

The access to the airplane editor requires the GSX menu to work, which doest not with this error. Work around is to start the flight on the runway, engines on and then access the GSX menu and the airplane editor to change Icao code = A339 (btw should be ICAO) and the Parking brakes test with the proper string (requested above).

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 12:42:44 pm »
I undersodd that Headwind A330-900 is now supporterted by GSX and just updated GSX Pro. However, in the manual I see no XML RPN expression to add in the airplane editor so the parking brakes issue can be worked around. Could you please share it?

There's no need to add any XML expression yourself, because when an airplane is already internally supported by GSX, the custom code is already there in our internal database. The Parking brake issue doesn't exists anymore now, see this video I've just made showing Pushback works perfectly fine:

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2022, 03:37:19 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thank you for your quick response.

Did you start the flight "cold & dark"? When I start it that way the message "You need to set parking brakes to request ground services" pops-up.

Here is what I did in detail:

1. There was no folder for Heawind at C:\Users\anton\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Airplanes
2. My rig includes Thrustmaster Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition with the parking brake set.

3. Started a flight at LIRF gate 609 with Headwind A330-900 G-VTOM "Cold and Dark" and the above message pops-up.
4. Started a flight at LIRF runway 16R, which is engines on, no message, GSX Menu, open Configure Airplane, change nothing and exit the editor
5. A folder for Headwind A330 was created at C:\Users\anton\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Airplanes with a file gsx.cfg in it.
6. The file gsx.cfg starts with:
[aircraft]
icaotype =
parkingbrakestest =
nosegear = 16.23
7. Done step 3. again and the above message is still there so no GSX menu.

:-\

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2022, 01:39:46 pm »
5. A folder for Headwind A330 was created at C:\Users\anton\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Airplanes with a file gsx.cfg in it.

6. The file gsx.cfg starts with:
[aircraft]
icaotype =
parkingbrakestest =
nosegear = 16.23

That's seems to be the problem, it looks like you don't have the latest GSX update, because if I do that, the file has the custom XML expression, which has been read from the internal database and saved back in the GSX custom profile. This is what I get when editing the airplane:

[aircraft]
icaotype = A339
parkingbrakestest = (L:A32NX_PARK_BRAKE_LEVER_POS,bool) (L:A32NX_MODEL_WHEELCHOCKS_ENABLED,bool) ||

It seems you are missing both the ICAO code and the custom XML expression as well. What's the folder name the file was created in ? The one included in the GSX database is "Headwind_A330neo", that's what makes GSX recognize the airplane so, if there's a new variant out there using a different folder, it won't be recognized automatically.

If the folder name is correct, be sure you run the FSDT Live Update and, if you are still not getting it, download and install the current OFFLINE Installer, since you might not getting the latest files because of network delay issues, so the offline installer will fix that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 01:22:31 am by virtuali »

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2022, 11:37:51 am »
Hi there!

Thank you for your precious help.

Indeed I've tweeked many things in the A330-900, some related to the parking brake issue, some not. So, when I thought your last comment something clicked inside and I decided it was time to a clean install of the A330-900. Et ... voilĂ ! It works!!!
Although I prefer one livery per folder (as in Fenix or Fly by Wire) because it is much easier to prevent aircraft updates from messing with liveries, the A330-900 is as it is and some times is better to go with the flow.

Looking forward to multiple jetways and the possibility to edit their position as in P3D.

Thank you Umberto for your support!  ;)

elaib

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 10:05:16 pm »
Hello, I have the same problem with my LVFR a321 after the last GSX update.
Can you guys please help?