Author Topic: Better animation for GPU and distance viewer for pushback tug  (Read 2133 times)

layercom

Better animation for GPU and distance viewer for pushback tug
« on: October 09, 2022, 10:28:03 pm »
Hi,

Would like to see if there is possibility in better animation for the GPU (as in be able to see the wire of the GPU being connected) with the msfs pushback tool it is possible to see a wire connected to the GPU.

Also the distance viewer of the pushback tug should be increased,  when in the default cockpit view the pushback tug disapear from view and only the yellow pole remains in view. If this can be increased?

Love the app.

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Better animation for GPU and distance viewer for pushback tug
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 10:07:31 am »
The GPU wire is surely there. And the Pushback Tug is surely visible from the default Cockpit view.

Are you using VR ?

layercom

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 06:37:22 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

No i dont use VR,

Yes it is visible from default cockpit view but it disappear after certain range is reach, so when the tug is going back near the gate i no longer can view the tug only the yellow bar, the tug becomes invisible, maybe we can increase the view distance?

Also iam 100% sure i cannot view the wire connected from the GPU, maybe i need to enable a setting in MSFS?

Attach is screenshot of GSX GPU and GPU of pushback tool from flightsim.to

layercom

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 06:37:40 pm »
The GPU wire is surely there. And the Pushback Tug is surely visible from the default Cockpit view.

Are you using VR ?

I have attach screenshot.

layercom

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 06:43:56 pm »
attached an other example of missing wire from GPU

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 07:01:58 pm »

Your are not supposed to see the wire while the GPU is still in movement. In addition to that, the other screenshot you posted show an airplane that has its own GPU cable so, it's entirely correct the GSX GPU won't add its own cable, otherwise you'll see two cables connecting to the airplane.

In fact, the GSX GPU in MSFS always assume the airplane comes with its own cable, which is how all default airplanes are, so it connects (assuming the airplane configuration is correct ) to the end of that cable, without using its own.

The GPU own cable is there, but it's not really used in MSFS, only in P3D, where the standard wasn't having planes with an integrated cable that comes out, so there's an animation for it.

layercom

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 03:05:28 am »

Your are not supposed to see the wire while the GPU is still in movement. In addition to that, the other screenshot you posted show an airplane that has its own GPU cable so, it's entirely correct the GSX GPU won't add its own cable, otherwise you'll see two cables connecting to the airplane.

In fact, the GSX GPU in MSFS always assume the airplane comes with its own cable, which is how all default airplanes are, so it connects (assuming the airplane configuration is correct ) to the end of that cable, without using its own.

The GPU own cable is there, but it's not really used in MSFS, only in P3D, where the standard wasn't having planes with an integrated cable that comes out, so there's an animation for it.

attach screenshot for disappearing pushback tug

layercom

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 03:07:24 am »

Hi,

The GPU you are seeing is from https://flightsim.to/file/15033/toolbar-pushback

Iam using default 787 and i want GSX GPU to be able to draw a cable to the GPU (possible within msfs?)

it will add more to realism, i only use GSX i used the toolbar pushback as an example to demonstrate the  wire (cable) i mean.

Hope i'm explaining it correctly

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 10:51:48 am »
The GPU you are seeing is from https://flightsim.to/file/15033/toolbar-pushback

No, it's not. It's a GSX GPU that in that situation is working as an "Airport Service" vehicle. You can clearly see it's from GSX, since there's a GSX M1A Tug driving it, and that IS the GSX GPU.

However, it's a GSX GPU used in the role of an "Airport Service", so you are probably assuming it came from the Toolbar Pushback tool because you "called from it", but that's how Airport Services work: that tool will call whatever Airport Service vehicle are available and, since GSX replaced all Airport services, what you see there is a GSX GPU.

You can tell it's an Airport Service vehicle, because it has an Asobo driver, but the rest is 100% GSX.

Iam using default 787 and i want GSX GPU to be able to draw a cable to the GPU (possible within msfs?)

No, that would be wrong, because the default 787 has its own cable. I need to check if GSX could instead pull THAT one, when it connects.

layercom

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 02:37:11 pm »
great, that would be great, thanks for explaining.

If in the future you can review if its possible, no rush.

BenM

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 07:17:51 pm »
I noticed this problem too (the one on the pic with tug) in VR where tug disapear at 10 meters from the plane.. its bit weird, i must set level of detail at 180 for have it at a correct distance. Noticed that with some other vehicles too. For exemple i can see the little shuttle bus for crew at a good distance with lod, but the big bus for pax got poor lod, it become detailed at 10 meters of the plane. At a same distance one bus will be visible with colours and everything, and the other will be brown or invisible.

layercom

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 07:06:44 pm »
I noticed this problem too (the one on the pic with tug) in VR where tug disapear at 10 meters from the plane.. its bit weird, i must set level of detail at 180 for have it at a correct distance. Noticed that with some other vehicles too. For exemple i can see the little shuttle bus for crew at a good distance with lod, but the big bus for pax got poor lod, it become detailed at 10 meters of the plane. At a same distance one bus will be visible with colours and everything, and the other will be brown or invisible.

Yes i noticed this too, wish we can fix these issues of course when the dev has time, no rush...