Author Topic: Idea for GSX feature 'Pull Forward'  (Read 865 times)

Bazingabill

Idea for GSX feature 'Pull Forward'
« on: October 06, 2022, 10:05:28 am »
Hi FSDT,

I think the hardcore gsx users would all agree with the idea am i posing that would be very nice to see in this addon.
The pull forward functionality in pushbacks.
Currently its great that we can pushback nose left or right by doing a simple backward maneuver but i think adding the option to then pull the aircraft forward would be something nice to have in the sim.

Its something we have never experienced properly and is something that i think is lacking with GSX currently.
Addons like betterpushback currently serve this function and would be something nice to have if this can be made.

Do you think this a feature that could be considered from the development team as this 'pull forward' functionality is currently seen throughout the world and would be nice to do in the sim?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Idea for GSX feature 'Pull Forward'
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 11:27:03 am »
This has been discussed and answered so many times on the forum.

It surely is a planned and desirable feature, but it's quite complex because, opposite to other pushback solutions, GSX doesn't use the default MSFS Pushback, which is a dumb Left/Right/Straight system driven by key events so, it's enough to set a negative speed and it will pull instead of push.

GSX pushback is completely custom, and it's main different is that is able to figure out a pushback automatically without any user intervention, and it supports the way more complex inverse kinematic of possibly using a toolbar, and all this calculations should change when pulling.

In addition to that, since GSX pushback is fully customizable, the editor should be also changed to allow to indicate which segments should be done in reverse, and that should ideally be possible without breaking compatibility with the myriad of existing GSX custom Profiles.