Author Topic: PMDG 737 refuel truck vs Fenix A320 refuel truck  (Read 1544 times)

bobsingh1

PMDG 737 refuel truck vs Fenix A320 refuel truck
« on: October 04, 2022, 11:03:36 pm »
Hello,

First of, I love this utility. Having tons of fun using it. However some issues and a suggestion.

1. When I call refueling truck with PMDG 737 - The truck arrives but there is hardly any animation since I get the full refueling truck even though ground fueling is an option. I get prompted to enter fuel using flight computer and when I enter the fuel it almost instantly refuels with no hoses attached and leaves.
2. When I do the same with Fenix A320, the animation is just perfect, the truck arrives, driver and helper helps connecting hose to ground and then to the wing but I never get and prompt to enter fuel. Since I use Fenix pad for fuel, GSX never reads the fuel level and animation just gets stuck there.
3. Is there a way to choose which fueling truck I can pick. Because I mainly fly major airports, all should and do have ground fueling option but I still get a large fuel truck when using PMDG.
3. Fenix A320 cargo is not passenger cargo but cargo like DHL cargo even though the plane configuration is not set to cargo. How do I fix this?
4. Finally a suggestion, please enable all major airlines boarding/deboarding ground support for all major airports. Of course I want this limited to the airlines flying locally in the country.

Thanks again for this wonderful utility.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 737 refuel truck vs Fenix A320 refuel truck
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 10:03:42 am »
1. When I call refueling truck with PMDG 737 - The truck arrives but there is hardly any animation since I get the full refueling truck even though ground fueling is an option. I get prompted to enter fuel using flight computer and when I enter the fuel it almost instantly refuels with no hoses attached and leaves.

Please clarify, there's a difference between "instantly" and "almost instantly".

- If the GSX fuel truck goes away "instantly", without doing anything, it's because the fuel quantity you are setting from the FMC is not larger than the one you had *before* you called Refueling. And, as discussed in several other threads, there's a few seconds delay from the time you change the quantity in the FMC to the time it really changes so, it's best to wait a few seconds AFTER GSX said to use the aircraft fuel system.

- If the GSX fuel truck goes away "almost instantly", meaning it IS showing a fuel counter changing, just very fast, it's only because you haven't enabled the "Always refuel Progressively" option in the GSX settings.

2. When I do the same with Fenix A320, the animation is just perfect, the truck arrives, driver and helper helps connecting hose to ground and then to the wing but I never get and prompt to enter fuel. Since I use Fenix pad for fuel, GSX never reads the fuel level and animation just gets stuck there.

Something's wrong with the airplane configuration: if the airplane is correctly configured to not use the GSX default refueling ( the default GSX config surely is ), meaning the "show fuel/cargo" option is Disabled, you should always be prompted to use the Fenix EFB to load the aircraft.

3. Is there a way to choose which fueling truck I can pick. Because I mainly fly major airports, all should and do have ground fueling option but I still get a large fuel truck when using PMDG.

If you mean you are not getting a Fuel Hydrant with the 737, this has been also discussed so many times on the forum, and of course is explained in the manual, Page 18:

IMPORTANT
There’s a minimum height the Fuel Truck with an extending platform can use, which is about 3.00 meters from ground for the Tanker and 3.40 for the Hydrant. If the airplane refuel point is lower than this value, a different vehicle will be called, one without a raising platform or a crew with a cable animation

We confirmed multiple times we are working on a different animation for smaller airliners, which won't use the raising platform, it's also discussed on the "Short-Term Roadmap" Sticky thread in this forum.

3. Fenix A320 cargo is not passenger cargo but cargo like DHL cargo even though the plane configuration is not set to cargo. How do I fix this?

By setting the airplane as cargo in its profile. Is this a different variant, with a different airplane folder ?

4. Finally a suggestion, please enable all major airlines boarding/deboarding ground support for all major airports. Of course I want this limited to the airlines flying locally in the country.

Please clarify what do you mean. GSX has hundreds of different operators around the world.

Sirraj

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 11:24:27 pm »
Is there any further information about when there may be an update addressing the fueling of smaller airliners?

"We confirmed multiple times we are working on a different animation for smaller airliners, which won't use the raising platform, it's also discussed on the "Short-Term Roadmap" Sticky thread in this forum."

Thank You,

Sirraj

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 11:28:10 pm »
Is there any further information about when there may be an update addressing the fueling of smaller airliners?

When they are done. We never announced any date, it's in the roadmap to confirm it will arrive, but we cannot say right now exactly when.

Our top priority right now, is adding support for the new SU12 Navdata API, which will solve most of the remaining issues with jetways, which are far more pressing than having a new nicer animation for the fuel crew.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 11:29:45 pm by virtuali »

Sirraj

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 03:09:57 am »
Thank you for the quick response.

Sirraj