Author Topic: Refueling system is not quite right for PMDG 737-800  (Read 4462 times)

Refueling system is not quite right for PMDG 737-800
« on: October 03, 2022, 01:31:30 pm »
Hello every one, I am new guy here who's from China mainland and recently bought GSX pro for MSFS.
As title said, I've got refueling system problem with PMDG737-800.
I did contact support team by email and they reply me with a video which I have already watched before they sent it to me, even German tutorial vidoes, thanks to Youtube subtitle system.
yeah, I've followed this tutorial and step by step to do it.
fuel truck finished its job earlier than it should be, message on left top side of screen shows how much it's loading and I ain't confusing with KGS and LBS.
Fuel truck only load 4400+ LBS and go away, but I set 15000KGS on Fuel Page. Before truck arrived, plane already has 2000KGS fuel in it. which means I set a quantity larger than the one I had before.
if you already have fueled once, but you wanna fuel it again before take off, fuel truck will instantly finsh its job and gone right after you set fuel quality on FMC.
if I wanna fuel truck load fuel normally , I need reload the game. or it will load "enough" fuel within one second.
It is like fuel truck is still suffering from premature ejaculation. I think this issue causes because of PMDG fuel page will instantly change plane's fuel quality.
and as picture shows, it is fueling but definitely not using pipes.
and thanks for bring us such a good addon.
Kind regards.
and here's link of support team's video
https://youtu.be/DQMDUjs4jMk
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:53:29 pm by soap1422 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Refueling system is not quite right for PMDG 737-800
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 01:37:49 pm »
I find difficult to follow your explanation but, in general:

- It's not possible that uninstalling/reinstalling GSX would change how refueling it's done.

- The only possible reasons why the truck goes away immediately are:

1) You haven't set a quantity larger than the one you hade before.

As already discussed in another thread, there's a DELAY ( visible even if you open the *standard* Fuel page of the sim ) from the moment you set the Fuel quantity in the PMDG using "Total" FMC option so, if you just wait 4-5 seconds AFTER you have been asked to set the Fuel quantity in GSX, it will work. This delay doesn't seem to be a problem if you use the "Level" option, so there's no need to do the extra wait.

2) All of this will only work if you have the "Always refuel progressively" option in GSX.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 01:57:11 pm »
Hello again, this is my second post, so let us straight to it.
I can not edit passenger number and suitcases(cargo).
and these words are what support team said:
This is clearly explained in the manual: either by setting the airplane Payloadbefore calling GSX (so it will estimate the passenger number from the Payload) OR by filing a flightplane using SimBrief, so it will take the number from Simbrief.
Yes I did as exactly what they told to me.
Picuture No.1 shows 8 of 11 passenger boarded but I have only set 1 guy in 1st class and another in enconomy.
Pic No.4 matches Picture No.1. well, seems like there ain't only two guys boarding.
No.2 shows 25 of 35 but I set only 30 guys for my flight.
both of them has 0 cargos which picture No.3 shows they are full loading the cargo.
 by the way, from a longer distances, every suitcases will be disappear. so does sunshine glasses on the by-pass pin guy
And simbrief way, it always tell me SimBrief aircraft doesn't match MSFS aircraft
Someone please share me a profile that matches, thanks.
and another issueGPU requested, it will show up but not functional
Thanks every GSX worker that bring us such a good addon.
kind regards
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:03:09 pm by soap1422 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 02:05:38 pm »
picture No.1 and No.2 shows that passenger numbers does not match what I set on FMC.

Of course they don't match, the passenger number set in the FMC is an internal variable only known to the airplane, so GSX can't read it, which means when you set the passenger number based on Payload, is an ESTIMATE, which as clearly explained in the manual, is done by dividing the payload by 220 lbs.

If you want the number to match, you should use SimBrief AND set the same number of passengers in the PMDG FMC, because the PMDG FMC is not automatically integrated with SimBrief so, even if GSX WILL read SimBrief, it's your responsibility to set the same number in the PMDG FMC, if you want them to "match".

And simbrief way, it always tell me SimBrief aircraft doesn't match MSFS aircraft

That's ANOTHER completely different issue, which has been discussed so many times on the forum that it's basically impossible to read the forum and not being able to find it, I'll repeat it again for the 100th time:

- The PMDG 738-800 has B737 icao_type_designator, which is the icao code for the -700, so you need to edit the aircraft.cfg and change it to the correct code, that is B738. The -600 and the -700 are fine.

and another issueGPU requested, it will show up but not functional

This has been asked and answered so many times on the forum as well: the GSX GPU cannot affect the PMDG electrical system, which has its own internal simulation, so you need to use the PMDG GPU instead.

by the way, from a longer distances, every suitcases will be disappear. so does sunshine glasses on the by-pass pin guy

That's exactly what is supposed to happen with a properly optimized product. Lower LOD levels enters in view to keep the fps up, by removing unnecessary things, like sunglass on "longer distances"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:26:21 pm by virtuali »

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 02:55:03 pm »
Thanks for your reply.
I have rewrited this post, please read it again.
Sorry bother you.
Kind regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 02:57:52 pm »
I have rewrited this post, please read it again.

You haven't said if you followed my suggestions.

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 03:06:30 pm »
Thanks, you have answered my every question.
I did what you told me and I do have simbrief connected.
thanks you
and sorry for bother you to reply me that much.

one thing still confuses me. how can I edit the number of suitcases or cargo for PMDG738?
I set 0 on Freight of Simbrief. but GSX pro still load the full 6 cars of suitcases.
by the way
will GSX add options on GSX settings like:
How many numbers of passenger will board?
How many cargo will we load?
How much fuel will we load?
it doesn't even need to contect simbrief or FMC and makes things easier as GSX is only making animation stuff and not actually loading stuff.
and seems like fuel loading and boarding for pmdg 737 confuses many players.
thanks again, you made my hoilday much happier.
Best regards for helpers like you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 03:08:01 pm »
one thing still confuses me. how can I edit the number of suitcases or cargo for PMDG738?

You can't, they are always the same number.

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 03:11:36 pm »
fuel truck finished its job earlier than it should be, message on left top side of screen shows how much it's loading and I ain't confusing with KGS and LBS.
Fuel truck only load 4400+ LBS and go away, but I set 15000KGS on Fuel Page. Before truck arrived, plane already has 2000KGS fuel in it. which means I set a quantity larger than the one I had before.
I think I have followed before you told me, and I have that DELAY waited
Here's a picture about "Always refuel progressively stuff". again, before you told me.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2022, 03:12:46 pm »
it doesn't even need to contect simbrief or FMC and makes things easier as GSX is only making animation stuff and not actually loading stuff.
Will suitcases be edited in future?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 03:17:11 pm »
Will suitcases be edited in future?

Not likely, most users are already complaining luggage takes too long, if we assigned one luggage for passenger, it will take even longer.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2022, 03:21:42 pm »
I didn't wanna it take longer, mate. I set 0 on cargo as picture shows.
Yes, I think it is taking way too long. so I wanna to edit its number.
like what I said up there, make things ezier. let ourself to set numbers on setting.
Thanks for your reply
best regards for you, mate

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2022, 03:22:13 pm »
I think I have followed before you told me, and I have that DELAY wited Here's a picture about "Always refuel progressively stuff". again, before you told me.

Then I can only repeat and confirm, as clearly shown in the video, that it works as expected. Does it work for you if you choose the "Level" option ? If yes, it only means you should wait a bit longer.

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2022, 03:25:01 pm »
Is there anyone who's normally fueling PMDG 738? I hope GSX add options on GSX settings like how much fuel that need to be loaded rather than this FMC connect stuff.
FS2cew's RAAS doesn't connect QNH setting, I think it is fine to set it on RAAS software itself. so I offer this suggestion.
thanks everyone and those workers that made GSX pro for us
best regards

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2022, 03:29:28 pm »
Then I can only repeat and confirm, as clearly shown in the video, that it works as expected. Does it work for you if you choose the "Level" option ? If yes, it only means you should wait a bit longer.
Thanks for your reply again. and sorry for bother you this much.
you are a really great helper
level option doesn't make fuel to be exact and I did try it. I waited longer coz I was busying on flight plan.
and it fuels, yes, but like I said it is gone too soon.
kind regards