Author Topic: GSX can't find valid airport data at this position  (Read 3776 times)

sn0w1

Re: GSX can't find valid airport data at this position
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 05:00:45 pm »
Is there a possibility other than that because i acually dont like to give my account admin rights since i install quite a lot on it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2022, 05:10:29 pm »
Is there a possibility other than that because i acually dont like to give my account admin rights since i install quite a lot on it

Since you said yourself you have to insert your admin password to install, by not giving your user admin permission, the only result is that you have to insert your admin password each time because, if you don't fully trust something you are installing, you shouldn't install it in the first place. Installing it and giving the password, is *exactly* the same.

To make it more clear: an hypothetically dangerous program would be able to do exactly the same damage if you installed it as admin ( by giving it the admin password upon install ), even if you revert to a standard user when running it.

sn0w1

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2022, 05:13:25 pm »
I dont install a lot of things with  admin password but a lot without like apps which dont require admin password to install

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2022, 05:28:35 pm »
I dont install a lot of things with  admin password but a lot without like apps which dont require admin password to install

Well, of course you should only do it for apps that requires it, but it doesn't change the above concept.

sn0w1

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2022, 06:46:38 pm »
Why dont you make an installer which installs gsx only on the local user without admin rights

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2022, 06:48:55 pm »
Why dont you make an installer which installs gsx only on the local user without admin rights

The installer requires admin rights because it needs to register some libraries, which cannot be done unless the installer is run with admin rights. Sorry, this can't be changed.

sn0w1

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2022, 07:00:18 pm »
Nad that it installs it only on the currnet users paths?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2022, 07:03:14 pm »
Nad that it installs it only on the currnet users paths?

It installs where you want it to install, and it will give all users permission to access that folder so, the installation place is irrelevant, your problem is that you are running GSX with an user account that doesn't have the same permissions as the account the ran the installer.

As I've said, just give your user admin rights and reinstall the FSDT installer and GSX. Sorry, I don't have any other solutions right now.

sn0w1

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2022, 07:55:57 pm »
I rrun it with all permissions but it tells me i shall warrp to the trial mode airport in the gsx menu even tough I baught it

sn0w1

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2022, 01:05:20 pm »
I have tried activating it thrrogh the license wizad on my user account without admin perms but it wont work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2022, 01:11:41 pm »
I have tried activating it thrrogh the license wizad on my user account without admin perms but it wont work

I'm sorry, but I could only report the other user with that problem fixed it that way, I think you found that post. As I've said, just give your user admin rights and reinstall the FSDT installer and GSX. Sorry, I don't have any other solutions right now.