Author Topic: Catering doors auto close but...  (Read 1307 times)

4x4Jon

Catering doors auto close but...
« on: October 01, 2022, 04:25:22 pm »
Sorry if this was covered somewhere but I couldn't find it. When I order services like catering or baggage, I have to open doors but then they auto close when the service is complete. Yet it still beeps and gives the message to close the door. What setting do I have wrong?

Thanks,
Jon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Catering doors auto close but...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 04:31:30 pm »
It seems you are using the wrong configuration file for the PMDG 737, most likely a configuration you made before the internal GSX profile was made, so it's based on a generic airplane.

The tell-tale of that problem is the door being referenced as "Exit 1", which is the generic name, ( so, it's not really asking to close the service door, but the passenger exit ), while in the internal GSX profile, they are referenced using the PMDG naming convention, like "L Entry FWD" or "R Entry FWD", that tells you the proper configuration is used, which will also activate a proper door status recognition.

Open the airplane configuration editor and click "Reset", so it will use the internal GSX configuration. Which *can* be further customized, of course, but your issue is that you started customizing the airplane before we supported it.

4x4Jon

Re: Catering doors auto close but...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 05:04:42 pm »
It seems you are using the wrong configuration file for the PMDG 737, most likely a configuration you made before the internal GSX profile was made, so it's based on a generic airplane.

The tell-tale of that problem is the door being referenced as "Exit 1", which is the generic name, ( so, it's not really asking to close the service door, but the passenger exit ), while in the internal GSX profile, they are referenced using the PMDG naming convention, like "L Entry FWD" or "R Entry FWD", that tells you the proper configuration is used, which will also activate a proper door status recognition.

Open the airplane configuration editor and click "Reset", so it will use the internal GSX configuration. Which *can* be further customized, of course, but your issue is that you started customizing the airplane before we supported it.

Why yes, yes I did modify right away. I will give this a try and I'm sure it will fix it.

Thank you,
Jon