Author Topic: GSX Menu opens at startup  (Read 2956 times)

HeicoH

GSX Menu opens at startup
« on: October 01, 2022, 10:22:46 am »
Every time I start the sim, the GSX menu opens up. How can I stop this? I would like the GSX menu to open when I want it to open, not when GSX wants it to open.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu opens at startup
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 10:26:53 am »
That's not something controlled by GSX, it's the simulator itself that remembers which toolbar icons were open the last time so, if you don't want it to be opened when starting a flight, close the toolbar icon before ending a flight.

AndyCYXU

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 01:18:54 am »
That's not something controlled by GSX, it's the simulator itself that remembers which toolbar icons were open the last time so, if you don't want it to be opened when starting a flight, close the toolbar icon before ending a flight.

no, I do close it before I exit flight and it just keeps on opening, I change a view it keeps on opening.. but then it closes by itself in a minute or so..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 11:57:28 am »
no, I do close it before I exit flight and it just keeps on opening, I change a view it keeps on opening.. but then it closes by itself in a minute or so..

Nobody ever reported the GSX menu opening just because you changed a view, and it doesn't happen here. If you changed some key assignment to change views, just be sure they don't conflict with the GSX one, which can also be configured in the GSX Config page.

thesanyma750

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 02:41:37 am »
I have the same issue. The GSX main menu opens up and deboarding automatically starts. The menu just keeps loading and in cannot reset it.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 09:24:09 pm »
 When the sim finishes loading at your selected airport and GSX opens on its own, it's from you leaving the last session with the GSX toolbar still enabled in the toolbar.
 I had the same thing until I noticed that the GSX button was highlighted. Select the GSX button again and it will turn to the same shade as the rest of them and then close your sim. The next time you start the sim or load to an airport, GSX won't auto open.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 10:16:24 am »
When the sim finishes loading at your selected airport and GSX opens on its own, it's from you leaving the last session with the GSX toolbar still enabled in the toolbar.

But this is a known automatic feature of the sim, it remembers which panels were active when exiting/resuming a flight, and will only result in the GSX menu to open, but it won't start any service, until a 0-9 key press is also being sent after the menu opened.

I had the same thing until I noticed that the GSX button was highlighted. Select the GSX button again and it will turn to the same shade as the rest of them and then close your sim

That's in fact what the manual suggests to do when the function of the menu is explained at Page 68:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services.
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required.

But that's more a generic advice to squeeze the tiniest possible bit of performance when GSX is not required, since the menu itself is a running Javascript code that gets interpreted while the Toolbar icon is Active, so there's a tiny bit of impact on the CPU, which becomes null when the Toolbar Icon is Inactive, since the Javascript code is no longer running in that case. It shouldn't cause services starting automatically in any case.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:22:17 am by virtuali »

sierramike

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2024, 07:39:37 pm »
With Flow or Flow Pro activated, left click on the GSX entry on the wheel, and scroll down. That will deactivate GSX.
The menu will not open the next time you start a flight.