Author Topic: Simbrief SSL connect error  (Read 5293 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simbrief SSL connect error
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2022, 04:19:07 pm »
If you were really trying to help, you at least could/would have asked for logs, or something else instead of repeating like a parrot that its not your fault, which I am clear it is not by the 1000 times you say it.

You already posted your log, and THAT precise error means only one thing: something like a firewall is blocking online access to Simbrief, no other reason for THAT specific message.

And, there was no reason to embarrass yourself to show everybody you are unable to express yourself in a civil matter so, because of that derogatory term, you gain well deserved BAN on this forum. This is not the place for insults, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Mejol

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2022, 08:36:58 pm »
miracles happend its  started  to  work :) I  think  its  after  last  GSX  update  coz i  didnt  do nothing more :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2022, 03:36:47 pm »
miracles happend its  started  to  work :) I  think  its  after  last  GSX  update  coz i  didnt  do nothing more :)

As you can see from the release notes, the last change that affected Simbrief integration in GSX was in the October 21st update, there hasn't been any other code changes to Simbrief ever since.

But maybe, your firewall/antivirus got an update in the meantime, that's more likely.

nardz

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2023, 05:23:46 pm »
Hi.

I'm currently getting the same error when pressing Reload Simbrief so decided not to open a new topic. I also had my friends try it and they also are getting the same error. Already on the latest GSX version(2.6.3).

[GSX] SIMBRIEF ERROR EXCEPTION1 = SSL CONNECT ERROR

Getting a bunch of these in my logs:

emulateMenu_MSFS
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE 14
https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?username=myUserNameHere
Exception1 = SSL connect error
channel.balance =  -1
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] SimBrief Error Exception1 = SSL connect error 4.0
emulateMenu_MSFS
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE -3
channel.balance =  -1
emulateMenu_MSFS
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE 14
https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?username=myUserNameHere
Exception1 = SSL connect error
channel.balance =  -1
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 07:59:42 pm by nardz »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2023, 10:28:23 pm »
I'm currently getting the same error when pressing Reload Simbrief so decided not to open a new topic. I also had my friends try it and they also are getting the same error. Already on the latest GSX version(2.6.3).

The problem is caused either by:

- Your firewall blocking the connection. Check your firewall

- Your flightplan expired on Simbrief. Generated flightplans don't stay forever, they disappear after a while, so you need to regenerate them.

JazzFunk

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2023, 06:32:03 pm »

The problem is caused either by:

- Your firewall blocking the connection. Check your firewall

- Your flightplan expired on Simbrief. Generated flightplans don't stay forever, they disappear after a while, so you need to regenerate them.

Hi, I have the exact same error and I have disabled the firewalls both Windows and my hardware firewall, plus excluded the programs and processes from Microsoft Defender. I am using my Simbrief alias and not pilot ID - GSX Pro v2.6.3.

Please can you look into this issue. Thank you.