Author Topic: Simbrief SSL connect error  (Read 5292 times)

Mejol

Simbrief SSL connect error
« on: September 30, 2022, 11:47:07 pm »
hello,  can  you  help  please ?

I  can  not  connect  to  Siembrief,  I  get  message  "Simbrief error exeption1 = SSL connect  error" when  I  click  on  Reload  SimBrief.
How  can  I  fix it ? My  username (alias) is  correct,  other  addons cooperate  with  simbrief  great.

thx

M.

jpgarrido13

Re: Simbrief SSL connect error
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 04:35:24 pm »
Me too

Mejol

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 08:06:23 pm »
no  solution ? :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 02:55:05 pm »
I can't reproduce the problem, the only possible explanation seems to be something like a firewall or antivirus blocking the connection with SimBrief.

jpgarrido13

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 03:02:59 pm »
In my case,it happened after SU10.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 03:09:28 pm »
In my case,it happened after SU10.

Nothing in the simulator update could have possibly caused this, since the SimBrief initial connection which could possibly return that kind of error, it's done completely independently from any simulator system like Simconnect.

jpgarrido13

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 01:11:13 am »
Thank you for your response. It might have been coincidence. So if that´s ruled out, what do you think the cause may be. Or what actions would you recommend?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 11:32:16 am »
what do you think the cause may be. Or what actions would you recommend?

As I've said in my previous post, it seems to be something like a firewall or antivirus blocking the connection with SimBrief so, I'd try fist with the usual suggestion of adding the whole FSDT "Addon Manager" folder to the antivirus Exclusions, and turning off the firewall, or being sure it's allowing this file:

\Addon Manager\Couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.EXE

To go online.

r0xbeat

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 11:33:27 am »
Can't also connect to SimBrief.
The message from GSX is "SimBrief error exception1 = HTTP response - Code said ERROR"

No Firewall, no Antivirus is active.
It worked a few days ago.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 11:36:00 am by r0xbeat »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2022, 11:38:04 am »
Can't also connect to SimBrief. The message from GSX is "SimBrief error exception1 = HTTP response - Code said ERROR"

This error is completely different from the one discussed here, and it seems you don't have an active flight plan on SimBrief, try to generate it again.

jpgarrido13

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 02:12:42 pm »
Same case here, worked few days ago now it doesn't. Trust me, if I'm still writing its cuz I already tried the basic stuff you suggested.  Any further help would be appreciated, thank you.

PD: Try to be nice on your responses.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2022, 02:20:46 pm »
Same case here, worked few days ago now it doesn't. Trust me, if I'm still writing its cuz I already tried the basic stuff you suggested.  Any further help would be appreciated, thank you.

PD: Try to be nice on your responses.

I really don't understand that "Try to be nice" comment. Where, exactly, I posted anything other plain and simple direction on what can cause this ?

Assuming your error is really the same one from the first post ( you haven't said that explicitly, you only said "me too" ), that is the "SSL connect error", I can only repeat and confirm only possible causes for that error, unless SimBrief is really down, is something local on your system which is preventing our software to reach SimBrief so, I already indicated all the possible causes: antivirus or firewall.

If, instead, you didn't really had exactly the same "SSL connect error" as the OP, but some other SimBrief connection error, like the other one reported by r0xbeat, which is in fact a different error, that one might be caused by not having an active flightplan on Simbrief.

jpgarrido13

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2022, 02:33:07 pm »
ok guy.

1. Me too means, yes I´m having the EXACT same error!!
2. I have no anti virus on or firewall, so IT IS NOT THAT.

That error along with other bugs (which now knowing what a pain in the rear troubleshooting with you is) wont even bother mentioning.

Again, I´ll really appreciate help here.

Thank you

jpgarrido13

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2022, 02:39:21 pm »
Here´s a log if you want to take a look at it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2022, 03:16:14 pm »
1. Me too means, yes I´m having the EXACT same error!!

I can't possibly be sure, considering another user said he had the same error, but in fact it was different, so I asked, just to be sure.

2. I have no anti virus on or firewall, so IT IS NOT THAT.

I'm sorry but, unless you haven't updated GSX in a while, your log seems to confirm some kind of external interference which, as I've said, can only be caused by a firewall or antivirus.

Are you SURE you don't have *any* of that ? Not even the default Windows Defender, meaning you have explicitly disabled both the Windows Defender Antivirus and the Firewall ?

Because, your log indicates you have an outdated GSX, the Couatl .EXE version is 4.8.0.4834, while the one we have online is 4.8.0.5027, so you are many versions behind, and the lines of code in your log points to line numbers that have been changed, suggesting not just the .exe is outdated, but the most of the scripts code as well.

Please check again if you have Windows Defender Antivirus and the Windows Defender Firewall, be sure the whole Addon Manager folder is added to the Antivirus Exclusions and be sure there's no firewall blocking the updater, then try the FSDT Live Update again.

If that doesn't work, try updating using the OFFLINE installer found in the Sticky thread of this section.