Author Topic: INI filies missing  (Read 1116 times)

Crudelis

INI filies missing
« on: September 30, 2022, 11:42:20 pm »
Hi,
I'm new user of GSX pro. I cannot configure custom vehicles postions. It seems GSX cannot create ini files. It is not permissions problem as It can delete them (I tried to create my own ini files and those were deleted when I make any changes in editing mode but no nwe files)
I tried manual installation as well. If you solved simialar problem please help!
Windows 10 MSFS
Thank you
Crudelis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: INI filies missing
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 11:46:39 pm »
Fact you can delete them, doesn't automatically means GSX can surely create them, for example if the antivirus was blocking GSX, but not you. Be sure you add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

If that doesn't fix it, follow the instructions how to create a diagnostic log in the Sticky thread "how to report an error", and post a log file after you did something that should have triggered a Save, like changing something and pressing Apply.

Crudelis

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 12:27:37 pm »
Fact you can delete them, doesn't automatically means GSX can surely create them, for example if the antivirus was blocking GSX, but not you. Be sure you add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.
GSX can delete them. I'm creating files manually to "help" GSX but after any change the file is gone.
Be sure you add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.
There is no antivirus, defender is always giving notification if it blocks something.

When it comes to logs, I forgot to meantion, its empty. All I can see is stack of functions that were called and 2 exceptions but those appear randomly, not necessary during editing / saving.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 03:12:36 pm »
When it comes to logs, I forgot to meantion, its empty.

If you enabled logging correctly, the main folder is the same as the one profiles are supposed to be saved so, this seems consistent with some kind of problem in that is preventing to write in a folder you should always  have access to.

All I can see is stack of functions that were called and 2 exceptions but those appear randomly, not necessary during editing / saving.

Please clarify: you can see *where* exactly, considering you said you have an empty log ?