Author Topic: What time from my SimBrief OFP is used by GSX?  (Read 3395 times)

WebMaximus

What time from my SimBrief OFP is used by GSX?
« on: September 29, 2022, 06:10:55 pm »
Looking at an OFP such as the one below, what time will be used by GSX?

Reason I'm asking is pressing the SimBrief header in the GSX Menu inside MSFS, I get this rolling text at the top telling me the number of passengers and the amount of fuel I will need according to the OFP. Those match perfectly.

Looking at the time though presented by GSX Pro, that doesn't match up with what is seen on the OFP. 1440/1450 in this example.

This makes me wonder what exactly this time presented by GSX comes from and what it indicates?

https://i.imgur.com/mgvrUsO.jpg
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 12:00:48 pm by virtuali »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What time from my SimBrief OFP is used by GSX?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 12:03:45 pm »
Like SimBrief, GSX uses UTC so, it will take the UTC time from the SimBrief plan and will compare it against the UTC time in the sim.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 12:17:51 pm »
OK, so looking at the example I provided, can you tell me exactly what time on the OFP will be taken and shown by GSX?

Because as I mentioned in my initial post, the time I've seen reported by GSX doesn't match with neither of the time entries found on the SimBrief OFP.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 12:51:11 pm »
OK, so looking at the example I provided, can you tell me exactly what time on the OFP will be taken and shown by GSX?

Because as I mentioned in my initial post, the time I've seen reported by GSX doesn't match with neither of the time entries found on the SimBrief OFP.

I cannot reply to this question, without knowing the time you had set in the sim. As I've said, GSX takes the UTC time in the SimBrief plan and compares it again the UTC time in the simulator, and will always show the time at UTC.

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 06:24:50 pm »

I cannot reply to this question, without knowing the time you had set in the sim. As I've said, GSX takes the UTC time in the SimBrief plan and compares it again the UTC time in the simulator, and will always show the time at UTC.

Why do you need to know the time in the sim to answer my question?

I didn't ask how GSX works when it comes to comparing the time from SimBrief to the time set in the sim. I asked what time GSX will show when pressing the SimBrief menu option where it also displays the number of passengers and the amount of fuel. Both from SimBrief. But what about the UTC time shown by GSX, what time is this and where does GSX pick that time from?

When I've done some testing, the time shown by GSX hasn't matched anything, not the times shown on the SimBrief OFP nor the time in the sim. Hence my question, what time is it that GSX displays?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 10:47:51 pm »

I assumed you had a flight plan refused to be late, that's why I said GSX need to "match" SimBrief time. If that's not the case, and you just wanted to know which time is shown on an *accepted* Flight plan, it's UTC.

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 11:31:25 pm »

I assumed you had a flight plan refused to be late, that's why I said GSX need to "match" SimBrief time. If that's not the case, and you just wanted to know which time is shown on an *accepted* Flight plan, it's UTC.

I really fail to understand why it's always so incredibly hard to explain things to you. I've never been asking what format the time reported by GSX is. What I've asked is what time it is, if it's the OUT time or the OFF time from the OFP etc. Because so far, I've never seen the time reported by GSX match any of those on the OFP.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 12:19:35 am »
I really fail to understand why it's always so incredibly hard to explain things to you.

That's likely because I always assume big problems, when in fact you seem to always ask about things that are not problems.

if it's the OUT time or the OFF time from the OFP etc. Because so far, I've never seen the time reported by GSX match any of those on the OFP.

It's the Scheduled OFF time, in UTC.

WebMaximus

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2022, 12:54:03 am »
[It's the Scheduled OFF time, in UTC.

There you go! That wasn't so hard was it?

Which takes us back to what I've been trying to explain all the time, the time shown by GSX doesn't match the scheduled OFF time on the OFP.

No big deal though 👍
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2022, 04:34:26 pm »
Which takes us back to what I've been trying to explain all the time, the time shown by GSX doesn't match the scheduled OFF time on the OFP.

Correction, it's not the Off time, this was in the initial release, it's the Out time instead and yes, there was a problem in the text prompt which had the wrong indication for the minutes, the VGDS indication was always correct.

It's already fixed, now showing *both* Out and Off times.

WebMaximus

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2022, 04:59:06 pm »
That's great news Umberto, thanks!

And to make sure I get this latest update which will correct this, I assume I just need to run FSDT Live Update?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2022, 05:20:53 pm »
And to make sure I get this latest update which will correct this, I assume I just need to run FSDT Live Update?

Yes.

WebMaximus

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2022, 05:45:27 pm »
Thanks, will give it a go.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2022, 08:03:45 pm »
Seen it work much better now since I ran the FSDT Live Update, thanks!

Still not always perfect though and makes me a bit puzzled when you see how the time differs not hours but minutes. Since my understanding is you're taking the time somehow directly from the SimBrief OFP. So question is why the time is changed when displayed in GSX Pro after it has been retrieved from SimBrief?

Certainly no big deal, more than I'm interested to understand the logic behind this.

Here's an example of this from earlier today

https://i.imgur.com/dmVJvY2.jpg
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 01:11:53 pm by virtuali »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2022, 01:31:09 pm »
Seen it work much better now since I ran the FSDT Live Update, thanks!

Still not always perfect though and makes me a bit puzzled when you see how the time differs not hours but minutes. Since my understanding is you're taking the time somehow directly from the SimBrief OFP. So question is why the time is changed when displayed in GSX Pro after it has been retrieved from SimBrief?

It doesn't seem you have the last update, the one released October 1st:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

GSX Pro Fix: Minutes readout on Reload SimBrief, now showing both OUT/OFF times.

Not only the wrong minutes readout has been fixed, but you are now supposed to see BOTH OUT/OFF times so, it seems you still have the previous version.