Author Topic: Couldn't find any valid Airport data at this position  (Read 2096 times)

wolb

Couldn't find any valid Airport data at this position
« on: September 27, 2022, 08:57:25 pm »
Hello Everyone,
I own GSX for about 1 month now, and throughout all that time, I have never actually used it or seen it in action. All I get is error after error after error. Now. I completely reinstalled GSX and FSDreamteam installer, and when clicking on the GSX icon in game, a female robotic voice is telling me "Couldn't find any valid Airport data at this position, services are not available" and for a brief second - the same error written and gsx menu loading and disappearing. I dowloaded GSX on the admin account, and I play MSFS on my normal/everyday account. I am honestly tired of this never ending story and fixing errors, just to see, that another one pops-up. Please help me fix this thing so that I can finally use the product I paid for.

Best regards,
Wolb
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 08:59:35 pm by wolb »

wolb

Re: Couldn't find any valid Airport data at this position
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 08:58:01 pm »
*DISCLAIMER* I tried offline installer too

SimonTricks

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 09:14:05 pm »
Hey
I had that problem today the bgl was named wrong so GSX didnĀ“t find it. Have you tried it on different airports maybe its just a naming issue. Do you have a message in the top left corner it might be gone quickly but it should say what's actually wrong

wolb

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 09:15:14 pm »
I have tried many different airports. Same thing. The message says "COULD NOT FIND ANY VALID AFCAD DATA, SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE".
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 09:16:56 pm by wolb »

SimonTricks

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 09:24:12 pm »
mmmmh im no programmer or anything but maybe GSX is lacking the required permissions to access the files it needs maybe running couatl as an administrator helps this. but im just spit-balling here

wolb

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 09:25:44 pm »
I also run cuatl as administrator. I manually turn it on with admin perms given.

SimonTricks

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 09:32:00 pm »
okay are you running MSFS as admin maybe that's an option. A couatl log would also be very helpful to see where it runs into problems

wolb

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 09:39:20 pm »
The option "Run as administrator" is not available for MSFS for me. Tomorrow, I'll try to bring some logs here.

wolb

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 01:45:36 pm »
Hello again Everyone.
I have disabled GSX for now. My game won't even load in with this addon!
I am very mad at this addon. Paid so much money just to see never ending errors! It's too much for me. No one told me that I'll have to deal with so many problems before even getting to see it! I'm very very disappointed now. I can't call it an addon. It's just a buggy mess with never ending errors. I'll try to do something later, but for now, it's enough of this error addon. It was a waste of money for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2022, 04:36:12 pm »
I have disabled GSX for now. My game won't even load in with this addon!
I am very mad at this addon. Paid so much money just to see never ending errors! It's too much for me. No one told me that I'll have to deal with so many problems before even getting to see it! I'm very very disappointed now. I can't call it an addon. It's just a buggy mess with never ending errors. I'll try to do something later, but for now, it's enough of this error addon. It was a waste of money for me.

None of your comments have any relationship with reality. Fact GSX cannot crash the sim has been already proven so many times, and of course, nobody has the same problems and you are the one and only posting in this thread.

Of course, if instead of making such comments, which are obviously not useful at all to find why it doesn't work on YOUR system, you followed the instructions on the Sticky thread in this section named "How to report an error", maybe we could understand what is your issue.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

wolb

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 05:24:07 pm »
Before writing that comment, I actually tried making a report with the log included. But after saving the file included in Your forum, my game was not loading in. It was completely stuck at the loading screen. I have tried multiple times, and it did not work. However. After deleting GSX via the FSDT installer, the game loaded in! I also don't know where in my comment did I include anything about CTD's. By saying that I have errors after errors, I meant in game ones REGARDING gsx.

Yours respectfully,
Wolb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 05:29:22 pm »
But after saving the file included in Your forum, my game was not loading in

The only result if you made any mistake on adding that file, would be that no log would be generated. It's just not possible that enabling logs would cause the sim to crash or not load, nobody ever reported this problem, and the forum is full of users that provided a diagnostic log so, clearly, that function works and won't affect the loading of the simulator.

By saying that I have errors after errors, I meant in game ones REGARDING gsx.

Please clarify exactly what do you mean with "errors after errors", since the one and only error you reported here is the "not valid data at this position". Try to understand that without the diagnostic log, it would be very difficult to help you.

wolb

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 05:38:32 pm »
I mean, that even tho I fix one error, another one appears. I got about 4-6 errors now. Most of them were the ones that appeared in a separate from the simulator box, telling me that an unknown addon was causing cuatl to stop (After looking in the log included with the error, it usually said something about directory not found). There were also different issues making them appear. Second ones were regarding AFCAD (This forum is about current AFCAD error I have). Third ones were saying CUATL ENGINE HASN'T STARTED, and I think that there may be 1-2 other ones that I just don't remember.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2022, 05:40:28 pm »
You continue to use generic terms like "one error" or "the other", without giving any precise information about it, even after you said yourself you DID have a log, the whole point of having a log, is you are supposed to post here what does it say.

wolb

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2022, 05:44:36 pm »
Whenever I got the log, I just closed it and searched on the internet looking for answers to my problem. I did not know much about this forum until about 1-2 weeks ago. Of course I have seen it, but looking straight into the topics regarding the problem, without "exploring" more topics and getting to know, that I can report my own problem here with logs.