Author Topic: What does this mean...  (Read 8779 times)

smokeyupahead

What does this mean...
« on: February 15, 2010, 03:06:39 pm »
Hi,I just installed ChicagoX but I disabled your scenery but still get this message when loading fsx in windows7 64bit.
Any clue guys?

Thanks,
David

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 09:28:06 pm by olghetta »
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What does this mean...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:10:47 pm »
What message ?

smokeyupahead

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:31:02 pm »
Sorry for some reason i can't upload the image on my windows7 partition which did upload now in xp.Go figure...
If I disable the software I can start fsx but if I don't the program will close on me.

David
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 09:35:41 pm »
You are not using the current version.

Which means, since the installer is self-updating, and downloads it from our server each time is started, the only reason (if you really just installed it) why you haven't got the current version, is that your antivirus might have blocked so, you are still stuck with the previous one, which will not work if there's a mixup of old and new files.

So, the solution is always the same:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

smokeyupahead

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 11:56:43 pm »
Hi,well I spent all evening trying to get this fixed!!!And your solution doesn't work.

I uninstalled my antivirus,I disabled windows firewall and my router's one.

I even tried downloading new scenery files from your site thinking the ones I had had gotten corrupted somehow and the result is that I still get that error!
It is strange because before I installed ChicagoX everything was just fine...so it has to do with this latest scenery I installed.

Help,
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 12:39:04 am »
As I've said, you are not using the current version.

Since all our installers automatically gets it online, when they run, the issue is not that you downloaded a wrong or old installer, the issue is: what is wrong with your system, that is preventing the installer to get the latest version ? Which is 2.0.0.19, BTW so, you are 2 versions behind. Most probably, you have the old version of the .DLL (this is shown by the error message), but other files were probably updated, and that is causing the error.

An explanation, is that your antivirus is blocking the file after it gets downloaded, so you are still running the old version, because the antivirus is blocking the file and is preventing to copy it in the FSX folder. In this case, the issue might be that you haven't turned off the antivirus properly when installing. Turning off the antivirus doesn't mean just quitting its user interface, but it requires to turn off the service that does the real time protection.

Another possible issue, is that you have a firewall that is preventing to grant online access to the installer, so it can't download the correct files. However, you should have seen a warning about it, as if there was no internet connection.

Have you tried installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ? It shouldn't do any difference if the problem is the antivirus but, at least, the last version of the .DLL is also included as a local copy so, it should work even if a firewall is blocking online access.

smokeyupahead

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 10:33:48 am »
Hi,

I completely removed the antivirus program I had installed,I disabled firewall in windows and from my access point too,I uninstalled the sceneries.
After doing so I ran the installer for one of your sceneries and started fsx but I still get the message.
At this point I really don't know what could be blocking it...?
I also tried with the standalone but I still get the message.
I'll keep trying...

Thanks,
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 12:13:42 pm »
Is the message still saying 2.0.0.17 ?

If yes, perhaps there's a problem with file permissions, and the old file can't be updated. Try to manually remove the bglmanx.dll file, together with the other bglmanx*.dat in the FSX root folder, then try run agan the Addon Manager installer.

smokeyupahead

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 01:12:37 pm »
No it says 2,7,0,19.

David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 01:19:42 pm »
Have you tried removing all files and installing it again ?

smokeyupahead

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 04:45:21 pm »
Yes

David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:42 pm »
I'm sorry, but I'm really out of options. It's surely something in your Windows config, that has created this issue. Do you have FSX running in XP compatibility mode ?

Have you tried rebooting Windows, trying a couple of times to ALLOW the module to run (regardless of what the error message says), and keep launching FSX (allowing some time between tries), at least 3-4 times ?

Do you have another PC to test the installer on ?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:29:25 pm by virtuali »

smokeyupahead

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 08:22:33 pm »
I'm gonna uninstall everything.
Your products work fine on my other partition with xp.
I tried everything you suggest.
You may be right regarding me having a faulty system,I will let you know,for now thanks for your help.

David

smokeyupahead

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 12:02:37 am »
Hi I did a reinstall of fsx with service packs and installed zurich.

Fs now starts but when i go activate the airport with the serial it appears like picture.
Is that a result of too many activations?

Thanks,
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 10:23:50 am »
As already explained, many times on this forum, when you don't see buildings, it doesn't have anything to do with activation.

If you lose your activation, the scenery will NOT disappear: it will instead revert to Trial mode. Meaning, it will run in full, with everything on, for 5-6 minutes at a time, and a sign will say the scenery is in Trial, each time you restart FSX.

So, if you don't see the scenery right from the start, it doesn't have anything to do with activation, it's just something in your system is preventing our software to run.

Let's start with the usual questions:

- Do you see the Addon Manager menu under the Addons menu ?

- Do you see the Couatl menu under the Addons menu ?

Try to follow all the directions from here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2358.msg19604#msg19604