Author Topic: VDGS Chocks On message  (Read 1645 times)

Copper

VDGS Chocks On message
« on: September 26, 2022, 05:53:15 pm »
Is there any way to get rid of the "CHOCKS ON" message on VDGS?
When using the Fenix, the message does not disappear when removing chocks upon departure and sometimes when arriving at a gate, it overlays the gate number information, making visual mess (see screenshot).

GGCH_BOOMer

Re: VDGS Chocks On message
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 11:47:04 am »
+1
I have the same problem with the Fenix A320
Flight Simmer since 1989 and a big fan of aviation in general
https://www.youtube.com/c/GeekGamingCH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 11:51:38 am »
You mean it only happens with the Fenix ? If yes, that's weird, since the message is supposed to alternate-flash from Gate to On Chocks, it shouldn't be affected by the airplane type, but I'll check this.

GGCH_BOOMer

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 02:36:10 pm »
You mean it only happens with the Fenix ? If yes, that's weird, since the message is supposed to alternate-flash from Gate to On Chocks, it shouldn't be affected by the airplane type, but I'll check this.

Ok Thanks for sure with the Fenix but I'll try with other airplanes and report back

Copper

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 02:55:33 pm »
You mean it only happens with the Fenix ?
I only fly the Fenix with GSX so not sure if other aircraft have that issue.
On departure usually it works, flipping between "chocks on" and the gate numbers.

What is the logic behind the "chocks on" display? When should it disappear? It does not disappear when removing chocks on the Fenix EFB, so I wonder how this is supposed to work.

Also, speaking of VDGS, could you please slow down the text on some VDGS showing the boarding pax/cargo status? It scrolls very fast and usually stops at "Boarding", but while it scrolls through the pax and cargo numbers the text is unreadable due to MSFS TAA. It should be much slower so MSFS doesn't blur the text too much.

GGCH_BOOMer

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 03:11:48 pm »
You mean it only happens with the Fenix ?
Also, speaking of VDGS, could you please slow down the text on some VDGS showing the boarding pax/cargo status? It scrolls very fast and usually stops at "Boarding", but while it scrolls through the pax and cargo numbers the text is unreadable due to MSFS TAA. It should be much slower so MSFS doesn't blur the text too much.

I agree with the text speed. Sadly it's not possible to read it as it is too blurry even more on DLSS.

I did some tests and the problem of the gate number overlaping the "Chocks on" looks to appear when you do modifications to the parking position and then close the editor. And it's not only on the Fenix. The PMDG Boeing series have the same issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 03:21:13 pm »
I did some tests and the problem of the gate number overlaping the "Chocks on" looks to appear when you do modifications to the parking position and then close the editor.

It's always best to Restart after editing a Gate, sometimes some objects like numbers aren't being cleared correctly, we don't know why, because we surely send the command to the sim to remove the editing objects, but a Restart always fixes this.

Copper

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 08:34:11 pm »
In my case the error was independent from editing since I use community profiles.
Since it basically only happens on that one kind of VDGS, I do not know if that error happens often, so I try to observe further to see some special constellation.

Any info you could give about the "chocks on" display condition? How to get them off?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2022, 03:28:45 pm »
Any info you could give about the "chocks on" display condition? How to get them off?

The information is correct ( well, it should probably differentiate between chocks and brakes ), because that's how the real VGDS works, but as I've said, it's supposed to alternate-flash over the gate number, that's need to be checked.