Author Topic: GSX is interfering comms when calling/dismissing GPU or P/B  (Read 2035 times)

Larry_Schuff

GSX is interfering comms when calling/dismissing GPU or P/B
« on: September 26, 2022, 08:02:05 am »
subj.

I realize it's probably made bc default ground services are working through default ATC, but I know for sure it can be bypassed.

Very annoying when flying online tbh...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is interfering comms when calling/dismissing GPU or P/B
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 11:46:56 am »
Please clarify what do you mean with "interfering comms"

Larry_Schuff

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 12:45:58 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean with "interfering comms"

I mean after I call/dismiss GSX GPU the COM1 frequency is automatically changed to local ground frequency. Same seem to happen during pushback, but I'm not sure when exactly it is happening yet, will do more tests

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 12:58:39 pm »
I mean after I call/dismiss GSX GPU the COM1 frequency is automatically changed to local ground frequency. Same seem to happen during pushback, but I'm not sure when exactly it is happening yet, will do more tests

This shouldn't happen, GSX has no knowledge or interaction with the default ATC, and it doesn't change the com radio frequencies.

Larry_Schuff

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 01:05:21 pm »

This shouldn't happen, GSX has no knowledge or interaction with the default ATC, and it doesn't change the com radio frequencies.

This seem weird to me too as it was not happening pre SU10 and pre 23th Sept build. Unfortunatelly I've updated both at the same time, so now I don't know what has caused the issue. I've checked my default ATC and co-pilot radios tuning settings to be off and then decided to ask here. I'm 100% sure regarding the GPU it is happening in 100% cases when I call/dismiss GPU via GSX menu.

Any advice what else I should check?

Maybe some other users will try to check this too?

Johan217

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 01:47:42 pm »
It seems to me that the keyboard shortcuts for the GSX and ATC menus are conflicting.

Reproduction steps:
- any aircraft, any airport - power up aircraft
- GSX menu open, all other menus closed
- select [8] Additional Services - [1] Request GPU - [1] (handling operator)
---> ATIS playback gets activated as if using the ATC menu [8] (nothing) + [1] (Tune To Ground) + [1] (Tune to ATIS)

cholland

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2022, 01:58:56 pm »
Agreed - when deboarding it retunes to ground also! Very annoying. Since SU10 update. It doesn't happen when GSX isn't running.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 03:22:25 pm »
Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to change this behavior. Any key you press will always be registered by the simulator, and there's no way to prevent that.

If that's a problem for you, just select the options with the mouse.

Elmeon

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 03:35:34 pm »
I'm having the same problem since day 1, and it's not related to pressing any key because the frequency is changed when I'm asked to release the parking brake during P/B.
Anyway it isn't something that occurs every time I ask for P/B, it's like 60% of the times is happening and 40% not...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 05:40:38 pm »
I'm having the same problem since day 1, and it's not related to pressing any key because the frequency is changed when I'm asked to release the parking brake during P/B. Anyway it isn't something that occurs every time I ask for P/B, it's like 60% of the times is happening and 40% not...

The issue in this thread is selecting a GSX menu option using the keyboard, which the way the sim works, cannot be prevented, but at least it can be fixed by using the mouse instead. Yours is completely different, but I can't see how GSX could cause that, since it's not sending any key command when pushback starts, unless you are referring when GSX is asking for a Left/Right direction, in that case it's the same, pressing 1 or 2 when the menu is displayed, will be transmitted to the simulator as well, but it won't if you use the mouse to choose the direction.