Author Topic: Still Getting The SimBrief error  (Read 1554 times)

CaptFlyingDirty

Still Getting The SimBrief error
« on: September 24, 2022, 02:50:09 pm »
SimBrief is still not connecting, and I am using the right username, and it is the latest update too. It wants me to use the live update but the live update still doesn't work for me so I have to install it with the offline update and if I use the live update it will install an old version which is probably the first version.

I'll provide logs if you like.

Best regards
LB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Still Getting The SimBrief error
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 04:37:33 pm »
Before you say SimBrief is not connecting, be sure of the following:

- You are using the correct username, which is what SimBrief calls ALIAS in your account page.

- You have a flight plane generated on SimBrief.

r0xbeat

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 05:25:20 pm »
Whats about, the Aircraft Type is not matching with SimBrief and Simulator?
In SimBrief the 737-800 is named B738 wich is the right ICAO Code, but GSX don't recognizes it as an -800 and I alweys get this message, that the Aircraft Tyme don't match.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 05:39:41 pm »
Whats about, the Aircraft Type is not matching with SimBrief and Simulator?
In SimBrief the 737-800 is named B738 wich is the right ICAO Code, but GSX don't recognizes it as an -800 and I alweys get this message, that the Aircraft Tyme don't match

This has been explained and discussed so many times, I don't even want to count.

There's a BUG in the aircraft.cfg file of the PMDG 737-800 (only) that has set the icao_type_designator for the -800 version as "B737", which in fact is the icao type of the 737-700.  The -600 is correctly set as B736 and so is the -700 as B737, the only problem is the -800.  PMDG has already confirmed they'll fix it in an upgrade, but you can always fix it yourself by editing the aircraft.cfg file and set the correct code, that is B738.

CaptFlyingDirty

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 12:46:15 am »
Thanks, Umberto,

Everything is correct with a possible exception to maybe my flight plan wasn't generated. I'll check that and confirm if maybe that was the problem.

LB

CaptFlyingDirty

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 02:59:37 am »
You were right. My brief just had to be refreshed. It's a cool feature, really. And for anyone having issues with it, it will not synch if it is past the departure time it was supposed to leave the gate.

Also thanks for the tip on the 800 error in the .cfg file. I haven't flown the -800 yet but I went in to fix it.

LB