Author Topic: Boarding passengers only arriving in small buses - very annoying  (Read 3340 times)

tocophonic

Boarding passengers only arriving in small buses - very annoying
« on: September 22, 2022, 06:36:54 pm »
Hello,
I'm quite new to the GSX world (got it for a few weeks now), absolutely loving it, but there's one thing that's really quite annoying:

Whenever I am boarding at an airport without a jetway and I have say 180 passengers, only the first bus to arrive at my airplane is a big one (~90 pax capacity). After this bigger bus, the rest of the passengers is arriving by small buses with ~15 pax capacity.
Due to this the boarding can take annoyingly long. Have I missed a setting somewhere that changes it to "use as many large buses as possible"? I have searched around but unfortunately found nothing.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 11:37:56 am by tocophonic »

Leopardo Di Cardio

Re: Boarding passengers arriving in small buses
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 09:54:54 pm »
Hello,
I'm quite new to the GSX world (got it for a few weeks now), absolutely loving it, but there's one thing that's really quite annoying:

Whenever I am boarding at an airport without a jetway and I have say 180 passengers, only the first bus to arrive at my airplane is a big one (~90 pax capacity). After this bigger bus, the rest of the passengers is arriving by small buses with ~15 pax capacity.
Due to this the boarding can take annoyingly long. Have I missed a setting somewhere that changes it to "use as many large buses as possible"? I have searched around but unfortunately found nothing.

Thanks in advance!

If you want more people to board and it doesn't take long, use GSX -Timings-Passangers and High Density in the settings...if I have 180 passengers loaded, 3 classic buses will arrive, so there is no problem with that.
If they are in larger groups, it doesn't take long and that shortens the time for departure or after arrival... but I have never seen a bigger bus arrive first and then only a small one at airports.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 09:57:59 pm by syphax »

tocophonic

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 10:54:46 pm »
Thanks, but I already activated "ultra density" or whatever it is called (the highest setting possible). But still, only ever 1 classic bus per boarding procedure, all the remaining (in the case of 180 pax in total -> 90) passengers are coming with small/medium buses that can only hold 15 pax. So I always have to wait for 6 (!) more buses to arrive which can be quite long depending on the airport layout before I can start the pushback procedure. It seems I'm quite alone with this problem?

tocophonic

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 11:37:36 am »
So no one else with this problem or no one that can help me with it? :/

lubiempiwo

Re: Boarding passengers only arriving in small buses - very annoying
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 08:58:26 am »
I've got this problem too after last update I think.

tocophonic

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 12:43:37 pm »
Would be great if the support team/virtuali could give us a response to that. Of course I am willing to actively participate in the solution finding process and will provide any logs of interest (have got no errors though!) if needed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 12:59:28 pm »
Would be great if the support team/virtuali could give us a response to that. Of course I am willing to actively participate in the solution finding process and will provide any logs of interest (have got no errors though!) if needed.

We read every thread, and each issue is being looked at.

tocophonic

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 01:34:08 pm »
Okay thanks a lot for looking into that!
(I was just unsure if you had maybe overlooked this particular thread - which happens and is a very human thing, so absolutely nothing I would have been offended about. A small confirmation or marking the topic as "in progress" would have been nice, thanks for confirming it now!)

tocophonic

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 02:52:17 am »
Hello virtuali Team, any news on that issue by any chance?
I love your product, but this is really annoying on every boarding :/

rsaberi

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 05:22:26 am »
I agree, this is a bad bug! Please fix it as soon as possible! Tired of sitting and waiting for 10-15 rounds of small buses coming for deboarding/boarding!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 11:15:21 am »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem. Tried boarding 200 passengers, and got 3 identical large bus, two full and one with 20 passengers.

Please post exact reproduction steps, for example if you changed payload while Boarding was being performed.

Brittanix

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 07:44:17 am »
Ive had this issue for ages and already opend a thread with a screenshot.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26634.msg179262.html#msg179262

tocophonic

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2022, 12:51:28 am »
Ive had this issue for ages and already opend a thread with a screenshot.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26634.msg179262.html#msg179262

Hi! I normally use SimToolkitPro (https://simtoolkitpro.co.uk/) for flight planning which itself uses SimBrief. According to my most recent generated flight plan it seems to be estimating passengers, cargo, etc.
It estimated 134 pax for my last flight.
I only ever get ONE of the big buses (the first one to arrive) which contains 90 pax. The rest of the passengers arrive by medium buses which carry 15-17 pax if I remember correctly.
This happens on every flight, can reproduce it 100% of the time.

pete_auau

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2022, 04:38:24 am »
no issues at all  have  you  tried  only  using  simbrief only to load  the  flight plan

tocophonic

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 05:36:08 pm »
Here is my latest flight plan, generated by SimToolkitPro via SimBrief.com. I had 1x 90 pax bus bringing in passengers, the rest of the 186 passengers came in with medium buses.
I'm going to try a plan directly generated on SimBrief.com later for reference and will post it here as well.

As .PLN files are not allowed as attachments (maybe the team could change this in the future?) I attached the PLN file renamed as .TXT.