Author Topic: Unhandled Exception Live Update  (Read 7599 times)

grekka

Re: Unhandled Exception Live Update
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2023, 09:15:36 pm »
Fair Play it worked !! how did you work this out ....well done

jgniewkowski

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2023, 10:03:12 pm »
Anyone run across this error when  hitting the "Check" button (also I have NO FSDT products installed on my system but GSX). Version installed is 2.1.16:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Length of the data to decrypt is invalid.
   at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:51:05 am by virtuali »

FrittenFritz

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2023, 10:07:36 pm »
from another Post:

Good Evening,

If you are using FSDT scenery purchased through the MS Marketplace and you are attempting to download the new GSX update.  I identified a workaround that will allow you to download the update.  This update will fail if you are using FSDT scenery purchased in the marketplace only and found in your "Official" folder.

1) Before running Installer or Live Update, navigate to your local/packages folder.  From there you will have two choices either your community folder or the official folder.

2) Select the "Official" folder.  Navigate and find your FSDT airports.  Then cut them from your official folder and move them to your desktop or other location outside of the "Official" folder.  Make sure there are no other FSDT sceneries in the Official folder.

3) Run the Live Updater or Installer and update GSX as normal it should work as intended.

4) When the update is complete, paste your FSDT sceneries back into your "Official" folder.

5) Boot into MSFS and enjoy the update.

I hope this will help the developer identify where the issue is, because there is one and it's with their sceneries when attempting to download the GSX config files for those airports.

jgniewkowski

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2023, 10:08:52 pm »
Unfortunately I do not have ANY FSDT sceneries installed - only GSX.

Something that may be relevant is that right before I this I noticed that Windows Updated installed this:

2022-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5020880)

Probably nothing but you never know....
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 10:13:43 pm by jgniewkowski »

bankheadd

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2023, 11:28:08 pm »
I'm not having any luck with this method, as when I try and cut the file and move them to my desktop It tells me I don't have permission, so I just sent them to my desktop and deleted them from my official folder. I tried running GSX again and nothing happens? I also looked into my community folder, and I have the same sceneries in that folder, I'm not sure if I have over time must've double purchased these sceneries? Is there any fix for this?

pete_auau

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2023, 01:41:23 am »
I'm not having any luck with this method, as when I try and cut the file and move them to my desktop It tells me I don't have permission, so I just sent them to my desktop and deleted them from my official folder. I tried running GSX again and nothing happens? I also looked into my community folder, and I have the same sceneries in that folder, I'm not sure if I have over time must've double purchased these sceneries? Is there any fix for this?
than its  a protection  folder  issues if  you  can't remove  file  from  folders  etc you need  to turn off  the  setting  for  that  folder, or  you can also check also  if  it  is this  issue or  not
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 01:45:48 am by pete_auau »

Seth2413

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2023, 09:32:22 am »

Not sure if this it what you mean?  Double sceneries?  If so if you use addons linker there is a button up the top that searches through all your scenery folders and sees if there are any duplicates.  I just ran it recently as I do purchase a lot of sceneries and found a few duplicates which I wouldnt have found otherwise because they were hidden names through flightsim.to  -  its a great tool. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2023, 11:48:58 am »
There's no need to do any of this, just be sure you have the latest version of the installer and be sure your firewall antivirus is not blocking it, by configuring the antivirus to have the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, and turn the firewall off.

jgniewkowski

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2023, 01:02:22 pm »
That was it - adding the folder to the exclusions list did the trick. Thanks Umberto!

mweksler

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2023, 01:47:58 pm »
HI
Need help ….
After last update the program stop working , I have uninstall the program and during installation I am getting error messages
I have tried the offline installer same problem
Please see attached the error message
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2023, 02:01:48 pm »
After last update the program stop working , I have uninstall the program and during installation I am getting error messages  I have tried the offline installer same problem

be sure your firewall antivirus is not blocking it, by configuring the antivirus to have the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, and turn the firewall off.

bankheadd

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2023, 04:20:53 pm »

Not sure if this it what you mean?  Double sceneries?  If so if you use addons linker there is a button up the top that searches through all your scenery folders and sees if there are any duplicates.  I just ran it recently as I do purchase a lot of sceneries and found a few duplicates which I wouldnt have found otherwise because they were hidden names through flightsim.to  -  its a great tool.

I don't know how to do that, any ideals?

bankheadd

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2023, 04:23:02 pm »
There's no need to do any of this, just be sure you have the latest version of the installer and be sure your firewall antivirus is not blocking it, by configuring the antivirus to have the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, and turn the firewall off.

Can you provide a link to the software you mentioned, thanks

bankheadd

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2023, 04:27:53 pm »
That was it - adding the folder to the exclusions list did the trick. Thanks Umberto!

Sir how is that done adding a folder to the exclusions list of your anti-virus software, I use Webroot but I can't find the "Addon Manager folder in my MSFS FOLDER, I looked in the Community & official folders? Please advice?

marcelf69

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2023, 05:33:10 pm »
Hi,

After facing the same issue I can confirm that with the latest update of the add on manager the issue is resolved for me.

Best regards, Marcel