Author Topic: GSX don't save changes  (Read 1503 times)

Captgregory

GSX don't save changes
« on: September 20, 2022, 09:47:56 pm »
Hello,

GSX does not save changes when I change vehicle locations. After exit editor mode with "enter" the "apply" button stay grey.

I used Fenix A320, and I tried with other aircraft A320 ASOBO, but no difference.

Thank you for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX don't save changes
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 04:55:36 pm »
GSX does not save changes when I change vehicle locations. After exit editor mode with "enter" the "apply" button stay grey. [/quot€]

That's because after a change in the 3d editor, all settings are automatically applied, that's why the "apply" button is greyed out: the settings have just been saved, it will become active again only if you change something in the 2D dialog.

Captgregory

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 09:53:25 pm »
Thank you for the answer.

However, I still have the following issue:
- I change the vehicules location in the 3D editor and save it with "enter" button
- When I start boarding the location it's the original one, and GSX don't consider my changes. If I reopen the 3D editor after changes the location is the original one too.
- In addition when I use MSFS, GSX don't consider all the previous changes in 2D and 3D editor

Do you have a solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 11:27:33 pm »
That shouldn't happen, it seems something is preventing saving the .INI profile, which is not normal since you should always have access to that folder, since it's in your user account. Does it happen on a specific airport ?

Captgregory

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 08:19:05 pm »
All airports and I tried with A320 Fenix and A320 Asobo. I uninstall and install 2 times, but same issue.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 08:57:39 pm by Captgregory »

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 08:28:01 pm »
That shouldn't happen, it seems something is preventing saving the .INI profile, which is not normal since you should always have access to that folder, since it's in your user account. Does it happen on a specific airport ?

are there any files not write protected?  are they not necessarily open and then it does not allow writing under GSX?  but it's weird if you have MSFS running under your account... there may still be a bunch of things there that don't allow writing to the file....

Captgregory

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 04:01:26 pm »
No solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 05:36:52 pm »
Difficult to suggest a solution for something we can't replicate, so it must be something local to your system, like permission issues on your user account, or antivirus interference.

Captgregory

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2022, 01:00:39 am »
I'm disappointed that it doesn't work.

I just uninstalled it because GSX causes me more problems (aircraft positioning, jetway malfunction, etc.) than entertainment.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2022, 06:22:51 pm »
I just uninstalled it because GSX causes me more problems (aircraft positioning, jetway malfunction, etc.) than entertainment.

- aircraft positioning. Please clarify what do you mean

- jetway malfunction.  GSX doesn't control jetways in any way. Any malfunction you might have seen, is a result of bugs in the default jetway system, which would have happened exactly the same without GSX.