Author Topic: Please consider option to remove animated passengers  (Read 3082 times)

ACSoft

Re: Please consider option to remove animated passengers
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2022, 08:47:00 pm »
The issue with different jetways having different root floor heights will be addressed in an update of the scenery customization editor, so users will be able to specify the jetway root floor height on particular scenery without having to rely on that jetway being "known" by GSX.
May I ask if this is coming soon ?

I would really need it for several 3rd party airport I use.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2022, 09:34:38 am »
May I ask if this is coming soon ?

As a general rule, when you see a statement saying that something is coming, you can be sure it will come, but of course, we can't say how "soon" really means, because we always give the topmost priority to fixing bugs, and add new features next.

kev649

Re: gsx config page
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2023, 09:43:30 pm »
Hi Umberto

Hope your well

Just a quick question if i may, on the gsx config page, i've excluded all of my third party airports. My question is regarding the bottom section of the config page, do i also need to find the third party airport services in the bottom box and move them over to the bottom right hand box.

Thanks
K

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2023, 09:43:23 am »
My question is regarding the bottom section of the config page, do i also need to find the third party airport services in the bottom box and move them over to the bottom right hand box.

Those are the "Airport Services", and they have no relationship to jetways, or if the scenery has jetways or not.

The only reason for wanting to disable GSX Airport Services files for an airport, is when a 3rd party scenery comes with custom local ground vehicles that has been made specifically for that airport, which can be noticed by the presence of an "AirportServices" folder in the scenery package. In that case, you might want to remove the GSX Airport services to be sure you see the ones provided by the airport.

If you are removing GSX Airport services for a 3rd party airport that doesn't have their own, the only result is you will still see GSX vehicles ( coming from the GSX custom Living World file ), but their operator assignment will be LESS accurate, because it will based on the few global regions in the Living World, while with GSX you'll get a more precise assignment by airport, following the normal GSX rules.

Note that, none of this has any effect on "proper" GSX vehicles you call for your own airplane when you start the GSX menu: those will always be assigned following GSX rules, because the will replace the default ones ( looking like GSX, but still default nevertheless ) that have been placed automatically by the sim around your airplane when you start a flight on a parking spot.