Author Topic: Passengers not following custom pax walkway  (Read 637 times)

WizeSquirrel

Passengers not following custom pax walkway
« on: September 15, 2022, 05:52:31 pm »
Hi all!

Given the absence of a profile for Amsterdam (Premium Deluxe version), I've decided to bite the bullet and start this project. However, after I set the walkpoints for the passengers, they still route to the original gate position after they reach the last walkpoint. Once they reach the original gate area, they then route back to the last walkpoint and board the aircraft correctly...

What's making them route to the original gate point? I moved it to the start of the jetty...

Here's a video of the problem:
https://youtu.be/GlWeBPmNmn4

Gate Star is where the jetway begins (terminal side).
First custom walkpoint after it extends out of the terminal.
Second and last walkpoint where it bends to then meet the aircraft's door.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 05:56:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers not following custom pax walkway
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 06:06:00 pm »
Given the absence of a profile for Amsterdam (Premium Deluxe version), I've decided to bite the bullet and start this project. However, after I set the walkpoints for the passengers, they still route to the original gate position after they reach the last walkpoint. Once they reach the original gate area, they then route back to the last walkpoint and board the aircraft correctly...

This has been discussed in other threads as well: you can't use Pax waypoints inside the jetway because, while the custom passenger path is always the same the jetway, by definition, is not always in the same position, because it changes both depending on the airplane type ( different door's heights ), but also depending where the airplane is parked, meaning your custom path would only work with a specific airplane model and only if it was always parked in the same position.

That's why the program assume you are not using pax waypoints for the jetway, and always calculates dynamically the position based on the jetway position in the scenery, assuming the jetway docked on the main passenger door, which is only an assumption, since the SDK doesn't provide any information *where* the jetway docked.

And since that scenery belongs to the Premium version, is encrypted like any other Marketplace airport, which means GSX can't read the jetway position from the scenery, so it's using data from the default basic airport, which might or might not match the positions in the enhanced airport, resulting in passengers walking incorrectly.

There's no way to fix that problem, until we'll be able to integrate the new Navdata API which will come with SU10, and of course we'll need some time to update GSX, since using that API instead of opening .BGL files, while it will surely make GSX way more reliable and easy to use, it's still a major change that will surely require testing.

You can use Pax way points to make custom paths for passengers *after* the jetway ends, for example when there are bridges that connect to a building which are not modeled as standard "Jetway links" (those will be recognized automatically).