Author Topic: Conditional embedded staircases on the BAE 146  (Read 2791 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Conditional embedded staircases on the BAE 146
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2022, 08:54:39 am »
Just updated with the 17th October update and still seeing the same behaviour. if I tick the box for embedded stair, GSX does not provide stairs for that door. If I set a conditional check to test for the presence of stairs it works fine until I reload the sim then the command has disappeared from the config box and the embedded stair option is de selected. if i look in the gsx.cfg file then the line for stairs is still present but it is ignored by GSX.

If the rule is in the GSX.CFG, it will be used by GSX, the editor might have a bug showing the updated box, but what matters is the GSX.CFG file.

Note that, Conditional Embedded stairs only work on Departure, because on Arrival, when you select a gate it will always generate stairs, there isn't an extra question you could be asked, before selecting a gate, if you are going to use the embedded stairs or not.

theegg52

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2022, 12:11:57 pm »
The line is present in the cfg but it is ignored by gsx. and upon loading into the aircraft the optioned for embedded stair is deselected. i have to go into the config and re enabled embedded stair if i want them to work otherwise gsx just sends stairs.

theegg52

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2022, 05:14:29 pm »
Done a bit of digging and found this line in the coautl log file. Found gsx.cfg file at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\JF_146_300\gsx.cfg
 error in gsx.cfg, section 'exit1', key 'embeddedstair': argument should be six numbers (two xyz points) or 0, with an optional expression. this is the section from my gsx.cfg
[exit1]
pos = -1.69 8.35 -0.60 3.00
code = (L:EXT_Door_pax_1L, number) 0 !=
name = L1 Door
embeddedStair = -2.19 8.38 -0.60 -3.71 8.46 -2.12 (L:EXT_Door_stairs, bool)