Author Topic: Does Anyone Know Why my Plane is Spinning Out of Control in Slew Mode in FSX?  (Read 5013 times)

trisho0

Re: Does Anyone Know Why my Plane is Spinning Out of Control in Slew Mode in FSX?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 12:13:32 am »
Ken, disabling the FSX Controllers I can't do panning views. From keyboard the Spacer bar has no responses. Can you change Views

You shouldn't disable a controller but, instead, remove its axes from SLEW MODE ( only! )
Do I have to disable all Slew Axis presented in this posted image? I will have to do the same for P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 as well.
Pat

kmanning

Re: Does Anyone Know Why my Plane is Spinning Out of Control in Slew Mode in FSX?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 12:24:37 am »
Ken, disabling the FSX Controllers I can't do panning views. From keyboard the Spacer bar has no responses. Can you change Views

You shouldn't disable a controller but, instead, remove its axes from SLEW MODE ( only! )
Do I have to disable all Slew Axis presented in this posted image? I will have to do the same for P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 as well.
Pat

Hi

Umberto just posted what to do the solve this problem at about the same time I posted mine. Yes, I've deleted all 3 of them but make sure you click delete JOYSTICK assignments. I've replied to Umberto about this and you might want to wait until he replies to my question. It this is not what Umberto is referring to or he says it's not correct, I will take this down.

Ken.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 12:29:16 am »
Here's what I did to solve this problem:
On the left side under Controls, select Axis Assignments. At the top where it says Controller, select your TCA Throttle Quadrent. It should say TCA Q-Eng 1&2. Next to Flight Mode, select Slew. Scroll down and delete the assignments that are shown in the attached image:

That's exactly what I said it should be done:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 12:31:56 am »
Do I have to disable all Slew Axis presented in this posted image? I will have to do the same for P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 as well

You should do this for *every* controller you have. Especially if you have some you don't normally use for flying, those are the ones easy to forget, that are usually left not calibrated, and always caused this problem.

And yes, you should do that for FSX and P3D.

trisho0

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 01:53:25 am »
Do I have to disable all Slew Axis presented in this posted image? I will have to do the same for P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 as well

You should do this for *every* controller you have. Especially if you have some you don't normally use for flying, those are the ones easy to forget, that are usually left not calibrated, and always caused this problem.

And yes, you should do that for FSX and P3D.
All SLEW Axis settings removed, and plane doesn't spin anymore, good! But still the same Jetway's Bridge dropping with editing in all FSX, P4D and P5D.
Pat

kmanning

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 03:26:37 am »
Here's what I did to solve this problem:
On the left side under Controls, select Axis Assignments. At the top where it says Controller, select your TCA Throttle Quadrent. It should say TCA Q-Eng 1&2. Next to Flight Mode, select Slew. Scroll down and delete the assignments that are shown in the attached image:

That's exactly what I said it should be done:

Hi Umberto,

Thanks so much for clearing this up. I guess my instructions that I've posted is correct. The thing is that every time I hear someone say to remove the axis from the the Slew Mode, I've always had the understanding that everyone was referring to the Buttons tab and there is an assignment for the Y Key that puts the sim into slew mode. That was the only thing I knew that was related to slew. Then I happen to noticed that there were 2 buttons, one for normal mode and the other for slew mode, but no one never brought that up and I just over looked it. I've never knew until a few days ago that there's a Slew mode button and I don't know why I haven't noticed it before until all of this came up. Well, for one thing, I had no reason to use it before.

Ken.

bhorv67

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2022, 01:33:15 am »
I'd still like to know what changed recently that this suddenly became a problem to have controller axis assigned to slew.
My P3d config hasn't changed in years.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2022, 04:23:33 pm »
I'd still like to know what changed recently that this suddenly became a problem to have controller axis assigned to slew.
My P3d c/onfig hasn't changed in years.
Controller got old and can start having spikes that cause this?
Captain Kevin

cirurgiao

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2022, 02:27:47 pm »

I really don't know how to (if possible) to disable Slew Mode and where to find it.
Anyway I have the same trouble (spining acft) while trying to create jetways through GSX in Technobrain's RJTT. Its support answered my question that 1) jetways only with CTRL+J & 2) No GSX or SODEs. Since I didn't try to create jetways through GSX in other scenery can't say if it's scenery related.
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

trisho0

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2022, 04:35:39 pm »

I really don't know how to (if possible) to disable Slew Mode and where to find it.
Anyway I have the same trouble (spining acft) while trying to create jetways through GSX in Technobrain's RJTT. Its support answered my question that 1) jetways only with CTRL+J & 2) No GSX or SODEs. Since I didn't try to create jetways through GSX in other scenery can't say if it's scenery related.
Please, check my picture named FSX Axis posted in this thread. Find it and you are good to continue.
Patricio Valdes

cirurgiao

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2022, 05:05:15 pm »
Will do
Tks
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR