Author Topic: Menu and pushback issues  (Read 936 times)

WyEastJuju

Menu and pushback issues
« on: September 12, 2022, 02:16:40 am »
Addons used at time of issues:
PMDG 737-700
Navigraph Charts plugin
GSX Pro
Toolbar Pushback

Have reinstalled GSX last night since uninstalling 3 weeks ago. Although most bugs seem to have been fixed, there are a few that still make the product very unreliable and even unusable.

The menu: occasionally gets stuck on loading GSX, unable to restart Coutl since the button to do so is within the perpetually loading menu, requiring a full sim restart. Found this to be an issue on 2 out of 4 flights throughout the day, usually occurring while prepping for the 2nd leg.

Pushback issues: I've been having issues with GSX just not wanting to pushback the aircraft at all. I've requested pushback, prepped, set the route in the custom pushback editor, hit enter, asked to release brakes, nothing happens. This happens about 25% of the time from my experience.

I abort pushback, request pushback once again, it works, tug disconnects, aircraft unable to move as if the tug is still connected. Restarting coutl does not work. This issue has been plaguing P3D for quite some time and found it to be upsetting that this was not solved yet in MSFS. Especially considering no other pushback freeware addon has this issue in MSFS.

I would love some help with this or an update on when these bugs might be fixed in the near future. For the time being, I'll unfortunately have to fly without GSX once again.

kien569

Re: Menu and pushback issues
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 05:14:03 am »
I have had this same issue, different aircraft, but happens about 50% of the time. Any word on what is causing it/possible solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 11:20:06 am »
Problem doesn't happen here, and it's possibly caused by the freeware pushback.

Since the whole GSX code runs entirely under the Couatl program, whenever you have a problem that is not solved by restarting it, you can be sure it's a problem caused by Simconnect being stuck and/or another addon causing issues to the sim.

glc100o

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 06:30:28 pm »
I do not see this issue either with the PMDG 737 products. I am not sure if this is relevant, but in P3D PMDG had an option in the setup to simply disable all of their ground activities which I used since I use GSX Pro. with the MSFS version they have not included that option,(have no idea why) so I noted that every time I spawned at a gate, all the PMDG loaders and trucks were there, and before calling GSX I had to disconnect them all. I decided to make custom panel states with all of the PMDG ground services detached and when I spawn, load my custom panel with all the PMDG ground services gone, and then call GSX everything seems to work fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 10:47:58 am »
with the MSFS version they have not included that option,(have no idea why) so I noted that every time I spawned at a gate, all the PMDG loaders and trucks were there, and before calling GSX I had to disconnect them all.

GSX will do that automatically when you start it. However, since it takes about 30 seconds for all PMDG vehicles to be sent away, it's surely best doing what you did, and saving a custom Panel State after all vehicles are gone.