Author Topic: Nr of passengers not match the selected ones  (Read 3280 times)

farman

Nr of passengers not match the selected ones
« on: September 11, 2022, 04:13:42 pm »
Hi,
  before boarding operations, I select the nr of passengers from the PMDG 737 payload menu; after that, when the passenger bus arrives, the number of passengers always exceeds the selected one; about the double, more or less. Am I doing anything wrong?
   Thanks for any help & regards,
       Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Nr of passengers not match the selected ones
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 02:12:12 pm »
Quoting from the manual, Page 14:

Passengers Number
GSX will estimate the number of passengers on board based on the weight of all stations in the [weight_and_balance] section of the aircraft.cfg of the airplane in use, divided by 220 lbs, an industry standard to calculate how much a single passenger + luggage weights, in average. For example, the default A320 has a maximum payload of about 60.300 lbs, equaling to 274 passengers, this difference is due to the inability to know exactly which payload station is cargo and which
is people, the simulator doesn’t support it, so GSX can only do a rough estimate. For a better precision 3rd party airplane developers can set a variable to communicate to GSX the passenger number they have setup in the plane or, even better and new to this version, if you plan your flight with SimBrief, GSX can read the actual passenger number from your current dispatch on SimBrief

There's no such thing as a "Passenger number" as a standard variable different add-on can agree on, the internal custom simulation of passengers in the airplane is completely separate from the GSX passenger simulation so, the only options to have the number in GSX respect the one in the airplane is:

- The airplane should set a variable used by GSX to communicate to it the number of passengers in its FMC

- You use SimBrief to file a dispatch with the correct number of passengers, which GSX will read.

Jimbo1781

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 12:17:18 am »
Hello
Query, I am selecting the passenger density in gsx options, the airport has transparent jetway and only about 12 passengers are displayed approximately, no more passengers are displayed, thanks.  :'( :'( :'(
Jimbo

farman

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 02:04:49 pm »
Hi,
  got it, thank you,
       Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 05:00:22 pm »
Query, I am selecting the passenger density in gsx options, the airport has transparent jetway and only about 12 passengers are displayed approximately, no more passengers are displayed, thanks

The passenger density DOES NOT control the number of passengers, only the spacing between each one, the number of passengers is controlled in the way I explained in the last post, quoted from the manual.

Jimbo1781

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 05:30:37 pm »
Hello
Thanks for the answer, as an opinion, it would be good in the future to be able to visualize a large number of passengers in this type of jetways for a better realism, greetings.   8) 8)

Jimbo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 11:00:20 pm »
Thanks for the answer, as an opinion, it would be good in the future to be able to visualize a large number of passengers in this type of jetways for a better realism, greetings.

It doesn't seem you understood how the passenger number is calculated. Please re-read again my last post, especially the part where one thing is the overall passenger number, and another thing is the spacing between each one.

romoni

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 01:53:37 pm »
I have a similar problem:

SimBrief plan Released  -> 0637 UTC
Depart                                -> 0800 UTC

Sim started abot 0650 UTC
Flight plan LEMD - LFRS

1. Start pre-check and power up the plane JustFlight BAE 146-300 with GSX Profile by @theegg52. Next Operete jetways or Stairs.
After power up the aiplane I open all doors & hatch and then I ask Catering service. As Catering service is done I go to the plane's EFB and press OFP page -> press Continue to load Weights & Passengers.

2. Go to Aircraft page of the EFB and load weights & passengers.

3. Ask GSX to Request boarding.

After all these procedures I wait as I'm ready to start a Push-back operation. Today I planned take 60 passengers with SimBrief but As I was landed to Nantes and started Deboarding I found that there was 81 passengers. Every time GSX set it's own number of the passanger so do I something wrong? Estimate passengers is unticked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 02:04:45 pm »
Every time GSX set it's own number of the passanger so do I something wrong? Estimate passengers is unticked.

The first thing to check is the Simbrief button in GSX. If it's not saying "OK" and it's not Green, it means the SimBrief flight plan hasn't been read, and if it's red, there's a message saying why.

romoni

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 05:31:31 pm »
Thank You!

Yes - there was a message in GSX => SimBrief aircraft doesn't match MSFS aircraft.

I have in Simbrief ICAO Code B463 and below You can see what is BAE 146-300 .cfg:

;//BAe 146-300 (Avco Lycoming ALF 502R5) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. (c)Just Flight 22MAY22 RC2

[VERSION]
major = 1
minor = 0

[GENERAL]
atc_type = "TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME BRITISHAEROSPACE.0.text"
atc_model = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL BA46.0.text"
Category = "airplane"
performance = ""
editable = 1
wip_indicator = 2
icao_type_designator = "143"
icao_manufacturer = "BAe"
icao_model = "B463" <-----------------------------------------This match with Simbrief ICAO Code!!!!
icao_engine_type = "Jet"
icao_engine_count = 4
icao_WTC = "M"

What is wrong?

romoni

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 10:36:54 pm »
Ok - seems to be that I got this problem solved. I tested Simbrief plan I made this morning and GSX "told" me that I'm too late and try an other time - something like that. Solution was -> icao_type_designator = "B463"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2022, 10:35:35 am »
Ok - seems to be that I got this problem solved. I tested Simbrief plan I made this morning and GSX "told" me that I'm too late and try an other time - something like that. Solution was -> icao_type_designator = "B463"

Yes, as discussed in so many threads about SimBrief and GSX supposedly not working, when in fact it's always the icao type in the airplane that hasn't been set correctly, the parameter to look for is icao_type_designator.

This is explained in the MSFS SDK:

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Content_Configuration/SimObjects/Aircraft_SimO/Aircraft_Config_Definition.htm?rhhlterm=icao_type_designator&rhsearch=icao_type_designator

The ICAO type designator of the plane. It can be different to the atc_type field. All possible values are available from the ICAO official database. For example the Airbus A320 Neo:

icao_type_designator = "A20N"

Copper

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2022, 11:50:23 am »
Why is GSX so critical about departure time or aircraft type at all?
I mean, there can only be one active simbrief flightplan, and checking for the departure airport might make sense - but checking aircraft type or the time should really not matter.
Maybe removing those restrictions would reduce the number of so many questions that are "discussed in so many threads".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2022, 12:01:22 pm »
Why is GSX so critical about departure time or aircraft type at all?

Because it's used by the GSX VGDS to show the ETD countdown, as in real life.

It seems every user has his own idea how many restrictions we should have on SimBrief, we decided to stay on the safe side and, to prevent users assuming GSX has "bugs", we decided to load a SimBrief plan only when we are 100% sure it has everything that GSX uses within reasonable parameters.

What's really the issue of having to set the correct place on SimBrief to being with, considering it has an option to suggest moving the time of an existing flight plane to the current time ?

Copper

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2022, 12:06:59 pm »
What's really the issue of having to set the correct place on SimBrief to being with, considering it has an option to suggest moving the time of an existing flight plane to the current time ?
Well, you see the issue.
People install 3rd party aircraft, load a simbrief profile, and run into issues. When reporting them here, they get hinted that this is a common issue.
Rinse repeat.

If the departure time is in the past, Fenix will also show wrong information, that's to be expected. But having a wrong aircraft type is really intransparent to many as to what to look for since neither the aircraft.cfg nor the Simbrief profiles are user friendly. And in case of marketplace purchases you can't even modify one of them.
So what purpose does the aircraft type check serve other than annoy users for a totally valid combination of aircraft+simbrief plan just because some icao code was put in differently?