Author Topic: AIG Traffic Controller removes GSX vehicles when it's started  (Read 11152 times)

mmcmah

Re: AIG Traffic Controller removes GSX vehicles when it's started
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2022, 06:12:58 pm »

Does this problem require to read the airport data ? If yes, perhaps the problem is simply because the airport is encrypted, Asobo EDDF surely is.

No, it also happens at FSDT LSZH. I wonder why in the last couple of days this problem ocurred to so many people (including me) but I don't remember anyone reporting that at launch of gsx. For me, it worked well for weeks, I almost fly daily in and out of LSZH, always with AIG and gsx (I update gsx regulary, but AIG has not received an update in months (on my machine))

This. I have been using GSX since launch and it along with AIGTC for a while. It is only recently that I have been having a lot of instability. AIGTC seem to crash much more frequently for me and I have noticed that it takes traffic a LONG time to show up in the sim after it has shown up on the AIGTC map (if it ever shows up).

I agree that the issues seems to be related to Sim connect not being able to keep up. I don't know if the culprit is AIGTC, GSX or something else in the sim that is finally getting to a breaking point. I am going to try disabling GSX to see how AIGTC operates. I have not had the issue of disappearing scenery but I have had the disappearing GSX vehicles a couple of times. I will also try GSX again with online AI traffic rather than GSX.

All of this on SU9.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 08:53:29 pm by mmcmah »

pizzamonster

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2022, 07:38:32 pm »
I also had the problems described above: disappearing traffic, disappearing destination airports and problems going back to the main menu. I will also test this weekend mainly using not AIG Traffic but a test version of FSLTL. So far all the problems were actually with the simultaneous use of GSX and AIG, I will see if also with FSLTL.

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2022, 08:06:12 am »
So confirmed... I took a flight from LKPR to EDDK and when approaching the airport the FPS dropped again to a value of around 8-10 and in the distance it looked like the airport was empty again, I flew in the dark... I turned off AIG Traffic  w what happened  the entire scenery of the airport was starting to load, so it had already landed, albeit with a fluctuating FPS of around 15-18, in the fully displayed scenery. Why am I writing this?  Because there was a mistake in previous discussions that this can be caused by GSX in combination with AIG. So the conclusion?  GSX is innocent again, as with the initial suspicion that GSX caused everything after the release with CTD, but the error was in the update and more on the Asobo side, than the GSX error. Let's hope that in time FS Traffic will be really elaborated and not  it would be a shame to fight with GSX. Otherwise, as far as AIG Traffic is concerned, it is not bad and is part of the MSFS so that the airport is not empty and there is at least some traffic around, and if the situation he wrote about happens, all you have to do is turn off AIG at  a significant decrease in FPS when approaching the airport and thus you will not land on a lonely field.
I also find it strange that it happened to me a second time, but at an airport that is activated via Aerosoft One, similar to what happened to me with LDZA, which was again via this program, I haven't had the problem at other airports yet, so I don't know.
I use SU10B.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 08:54:31 am by syphax »

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2022, 09:39:35 am »
So I searched a little on the AIG discussion and I see the article AIG Traffic Controller – Version 0.6 Development which will add buses, stairs and generally everything around... and so I ask, won't there be a problem with CTD or something else when GSX is launched?
 To be honest, AIG should focus more on the imperfect operation and the errors associated with it rather than embarking on a journey in this direction, which is ensured by a better GSX, I just don't understand this.  they display at the airport differently without landing, they make problems with the FPS and the disappearing destination airport that makes it disappear and AIG then I think about these things?  I regret it in the sense that I like to use both, both AIG and GSX, but unfortunately, as it is written in the discussion, AIG causes the problem that it makes the destination airport disappear after a flight of several hours, at which it can't even land, it lands stupidly in the field, but  nor the possibility to subsequently use the GSX in its full glory.
 :o :o
http://www.alpha-india.net/2022/05/21/aig-traffic-controller-version-0-6-development
I am giving the link here only as a source of information from which I am based in the text!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 09:42:49 am by syphax »

pizzamonster

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2022, 01:28:50 pm »
Again, after yesterday's testing: I had no problems using FSLTL Traffic in the latest beta! Three take-offs and three landings: GSX is operating normally, no vanishing airfields. Worth mentioning: I was finally able to use the A320 by Fenix ​​normally, I didn't have any major fps drops like with AIG Traffic. GSX does not cause any problems.

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2022, 01:45:35 pm »
Again, after yesterday's testing: I had no problems using FSLTL Traffic in the latest beta! Three take-offs and three landings: GSX is operating normally, no vanishing airfields. Worth mentioning: I was finally able to use the A320 by Fenix ​​normally, I didn't have any major fps drops like with AIG Traffic. GSX does not cause any problems.

Yes, the GSX is innocently the same as it was when many users complained that it was the GSX that caused the CTD, and after turning off the better terrain it was Asobo's fault, but everyone cursed the GSX because it was just released with the error MSFS?
Same problem...  it will be here too. AIG Traffic has some bug and connects to GSX right away???  ahh... I wonder how many users have apologized to the creator of Virtuali for the false accusation. :-\

btw.FSLTL Traffic Is free but where download it? I like try it...AIG out?
I have not yet heard of it as an alternative to AIG, that is, apart from FS Traffic, which is supposed to be an absolute bomb in MSFS air traffic. If FSLTL Traffic does not cause problems with GSX, can it be used as AIG, that means downloadable liveries and then the engine?  I don't enjoy flying in a world fully controlled by users but according to some real reality, for example flight plans like AIG.
I only see references to some Discord everywhere, but that's a chat, but where can I download it?
I apologize for asking on this forum, but I want GSX not to be affected by a bug in some program.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 02:28:07 pm by syphax »

pizzamonster

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2022, 07:44:18 pm »
I'm sorry, the FSLTL Traffic is closed beta right now, not available for more testers. But I'm sure will be available for everyone in the future. I just tested that with AIG I have problems, with different traffic - not. That's why I'm sure now that the AIG have some conflict. Regards

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2022, 09:19:52 pm »
I'm sorry, the FSLTL Traffic is closed beta right now, not available for more testers. But I'm sure will be available for everyone in the future. I just tested that with AIG I have problems, with different traffic - not. That's why I'm sure now that the AIG have some conflict. Regards

Nevermind,thx for reaction  ;)

Ankh

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2022, 11:05:27 pm »
Just did a flight from EDDM (addon scenery) to EDDK (addon scenery) with the Fenix A320. GSX worked perfectly at departure, 70% AIG traffic using AIGTC, seamless flight into EDDK, photogrammetry turned on and using live weather, arrival airport full of traffic, GSX again worked perfectly. No issues at all. And yes, I have a lot of addons installed.

Tuskin38

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2022, 10:49:27 pm »
I did a flight from CYUL to CYYZ, full AIG slider and GSX, nothing vanished. Possible whatever limit is causing objects to vanish just wasn't hit there.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 10:51:25 pm by Tuskin38 »

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2022, 12:07:12 pm »
I did a flight from CYUL to CYYZ, full AIG slider and GSX, nothing vanished. Possible whatever limit is causing objects to vanish just wasn't hit there.

I don't know if there is a limit to the displayed objects, but one thing is for sure... that simply landing after long hours at the airport and experiencing the reduction of FPS to the minimum jerky value where there is only a field at the airport will not make anyone very happy... in any case, it is not the merit of GSX, but AIG  as I wrote / after turning off AIG in this state, the airport started to nacite immediately, so it did not land on the field, but there was no FPS miracle, we know why... a lot of data in one moment.
Yesterday I somehow managed to successfully broken AIG, so although injecting will not take place, but after setting it to the basics in MSFS in several settings, everything runs beautifully smooth FPS around 40-50 and even better more detailed textures, in connection with GSX it is beautiful and no  problems that are unfortunately related to BETA AIG Traffic.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 12:17:16 pm by syphax »

meccadom

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2022, 05:37:47 pm »
Can anyone help by providing instructions on how to remove AIG?
Thanks
Dom

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2022, 07:50:57 pm »
Can anyone help by providing instructions on how to remove AIG?
Thanks
Dom

The instructions are very simple..
1. Delete the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta folder under MSFS/Community or where you selected in the AI ​​Manager program settings
2. Delete the AI ​​Manager folder
3. Delete the AI ​​Traffic Controller folder and then clean the registries and look  for any mess under AppData... and preferably restart Windows.
Unfortunately, AIG Traffic including their three directories does not have the classic Uninstall in Windows under the Program Manager like other programs.

Advantage?  Increased FPS and no problem with GSX as it was before the update.
Disadvantage?  No aircraft traffic around you...

Tuskin38

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2022, 08:55:42 pm »
If I load into the inibuilds EGLL AIG aircraft and GSX vehicles vanish, but CYYZ is fine. Sometimes the GSX vehicles won't vanish, but just the people models.

According to LittleNavMap and Traffic Controller itself, the objects are still spawned in the sim, moving about, they're just not rendering. That would explain why Jetways are still connected to aircraft.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 09:03:16 pm by Tuskin38 »

mmcmah

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2022, 10:12:57 pm »
Don't know if everyone here has access to AIG's Discord server, but there's an active discussion going on where @Tuskin38 is helping diagnose:

https://discord.com/channels/533614543650160640/929051686268469298/1021851679395680358

It looks like GSX is creating a lot of objects, which might be causing Simconnect to break.

Actually, it's not clear to me if it is too many object that GSX is creating in and of itself, but it seems to be a combination of things that create too many objects (AIGTC, GSX, other airport life, etc) such that some sort of sim limit is being hit.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 11:47:27 pm by mmcmah »