Author Topic: AIG Traffic Controller removes GSX vehicles when it's started  (Read 11149 times)

dboisey

AIG Traffic Controller removes GSX vehicles when it's started
« on: September 11, 2022, 12:09:09 am »
Has anyone had any issues with GSX pro and AIG Traffic controller running at the same time?
I'm at KDFW. When I start GSX everything is fine and vehicles appear and work normally. Then when I start AIG, the GSX vehicles all disappear. I'm pretty sire you can still hear them. And when you request a service, some animations still happen. (Like the doors open for catering vehicle. The wore for the gpu is show plugged in) but literally no vehicle. If I start AIG first and then GSX, no vehicles show up at all. AIG work regardless if gsx is running but GSX does not work properly if AIG is running.....and this is with the pmdg 737-800, fenix a320, and FBW a320n
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 08:04:39 pm by dboisey »

m_j_lyons

Re: AIG Traffic Controller removes GSX vehicles when it's started
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 12:46:18 am »
Yes - there are reports of this already in other scattered threads.  I've found no way to get GSX Pro's latest offline update and AIG Traffic controller to work together - the visual models won't show up.  I've had to disable GSX for the time being unfortunately as that is airport traffic is more important to me for the time being.  Previous updates to GSX Pro didn't cause this problem for me...only the recent updates.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 03:38:16 pm »
When I start GSX everything is fine and vehicles appear and work normally. Then when I start AIG, the GSX vehicles all disappear.

So, maybe, the correct subject of this thread should be:

"AIG Traffic Controller removes GSX vehicles when it's started"

Please confirm: if you don't start it, do you see both GSX and default AIs normally ?

dboisey

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 08:05:56 pm »
Correct. if I don't start AIG Traffic Contoller, GSX works fine.

scoeva

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 04:49:50 am »
Hello all, I have a very strange issue happening ever since installing GSX. At my departure airport all aspects of GSX work perfectly fine however, at the arrival airport the airport scenery is missing, just default ground textures are visible. When I go to close out the sim it just hangs and eventually I have to use task manager to close the sim. If I reload the sim and choose the arrival airport where the scenery was missing as my departure airport, all scenery is visible and GSX again works perfectly fine. I must mention that this doesn't happen at every arrival airport. Anyway, I have had to uninstall GSX for the time being until I hopefully get a fix for this issue. Any ideas?

DroidE326

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 12:26:23 pm »
I’ve been monitoring the forum for a couple of days to see if anyone else reported this issue before posting about it myself as I appreciate that the devs have a lot on their hands at the moment.

Do you run GSX concurrently with AIG Traffic Manager, by chance? From what I’ve gathered so far the issue might be linked to the interaction between AIG traffic manager and GSX, and by ‘interaction’ I mean both addons running at the same time. In the limited tests I’ve performed so far, either unlinking GSX and running AIG without GSX being active, or running GSX and not starting up AIG seems to prevent the issue from occurring.

In all cases where it does occur, my experience is the same as the poster’s above, i.e. on arrival at the destination airport, the entire airport addon scenery, including buildings, static objects, taxi, runway and apron textures are missing as if the entire scenery layer hasn’t been loaded. I also get the problem exiting back to the main menu, whereby exiting the session (pressing ‘Esc’ and choosing the option to go back to MSFS’s main menu) the sim will not progress beyond the exit screen and will just sit there until you end the session using Task Manager. Just to be clear: it does not freeze or CTD, the blue progress line continues to move right up to the end point, but the session does not return back to the main menu (I have left it running in background for up to half an hour).

Just to add some further context, should it prove useful: In my case the issue is most likely to happen (4 out of 5 sessions so far) if I start a flight at LEMD (Madrid airport, the LVFR version purchased from the marketplace) and fly to another addon airport in the same region (i.e. LPPT and LPPR, both also purchased and installed via the MS marketplace). I think it’s worth mentioning that LEMD is a large airport with scenery that covers a large area, resulting in a significant (around 10 fps) performance hit on my system, so maybe there’s a connection there.

Interestingly enough, flying the other way and arriving at LEMD I have only had this happen on 1 of around 6 flights, in which case on that particular occasion I noticed that the AIG traffic didn’t visibly appear at the departing airport (as some people have mentioned in other threads), but the AI were still being seen by both the TCAS system in the Fenix A320 and the ATC addon I use, which simulated AI reporting in to various centres as the flight progressed (something that is not present when AIG is inactive).

In all instances, everything else preceding the arrival happens as expected. Both GSX ground traffic and AIG AI traffic are visible at departure (except in the single example mentioned above) and there is nothing visibly strange about the flight either. As mentioned, I fly the Fenix A320 and there are no apparent graphical glitches or systems anomalies that I notice. No stutters, performance glitches, or anything else that would make me suspect something is not as it should be.

Let me end with a warning of biblical proportions (is there any other kind when it comes to MSFS):

Hear ye, for it is written in the holy scriptures of FSElite that a saviour is about to be born. It’s name shall be: “FS Traffic”. Fear ye, lest any man defy the Holy Trinity that is GSX, FS Traffic and Pro-ATC  - For the Four Sim Pilots of the MSFS apocalypse shall descend upon thee.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you  :'(

scoeva

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 02:54:03 pm »
Well, everything you mentioned above is exactly what's going on with me. I did forget to mention in my post about the AIG traffic not showing at the departure airports. I will try running GSX without AIG as you mentioned. I'll let you know what my findings are.

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 10:06:25 pm »
Hello all, I have a very strange issue happening ever since installing GSX. At my departure airport all aspects of GSX work perfectly fine however, at the arrival airport the airport scenery is missing, just default ground textures are visible. When I go to close out the sim it just hangs and eventually I have to use task manager to close the sim. If I reload the sim and choose the arrival airport where the scenery was missing as my departure airport, all scenery is visible and GSX again works perfectly fine. I must mention that this doesn't happen at every arrival airport. Anyway, I have had to uninstall GSX for the time being until I hopefully get a fix for this issue. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I'm glad that I'm not alone in this, because as DroidE326 wrote, exactly the same freezing when returning after finishing the flight phase itself and returning to the menu, the blue line ran to the end and nothing... the HDD diode just blinked calmly and nothing happened  it doesn't happen.. it just freezes without any reaction until the Task Manager solves it, but I don't even see the style there. It doesn't respond, how is it common when it freezes, so I don't know. Otherwise, this whole situation happened to me when I was flying from LTFM to LDZA, in Zagreb the FPS started to drop.  blurred graphics and finally stick textures without scenery, no objects, so there was nothing from the flight. He returned to the menu, started again and voila.. in full display even with GSX. The idea that GSX and AIG Traffic, which I use, is doing this at the same time freezes me, because both  is important to me. :-(

scoeva

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 01:14:21 am »
Okay, so I can confirm that AIG is the issue. I just finished a flight (CYYZ-CYHZ) in which the above mentioned issue happened before, but this time not starting AIG, and everything was fine. Arrival airport scenery was there and GSX worked pefectly at both Airports. Thank you to DroidE326 for mentioning AIG as a possible culprit. Unfortunately for now I will have to fly out of and into empty airports, but at least the airports are actually there. Lets hope that FS Traffic will not cause the same issues. Cheers all, and happy flying.

Ankh

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 11:27:49 am »
Did anyone reported this over at AIG forums? I doubt that everyone is affected, otherwise more reports would be here or over at AIG about this, no?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 01:23:26 pm »
Did anyone reported this over at AIG forums? I doubt that everyone is affected, otherwise more reports would be here or over at AIG about this, no?

I had a quick look at their forum, and saw reports of users with missing AIs who posted their log, and I could see there were a lot of Simconnect exceptions in those logs, somebody from AIG said it's a known Simconnect bug, and it's possible that having to deal with lots of exceptions might cause Simconnect disconnecting entirely, or not being able to respond to new calls to create objects.

There's a specific error code (which I don't know if it's the one logged by AIG or not), called SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_TOO_MANY_OBJECTS, which I think happens when too many objects are called over a brief period of time, I hope it's not an absolute number of object that can be present in a scene, because if this is the case, your only option would be lowering the traffic density.

GSX doesn't create too many objects from Simconnect, it's basically the ones you see around you when you call it, which are all destroyed when they either finish their job or if you go away from the parking or the airport, so the number of objects created by GSX cannot be compared to AI injection. With P3D we created far more objects ( like Jetways, which in MSFS are not created dynamically ) and this has never been a problem with products using AI injection.

Scaild

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 01:28:38 pm »
Well, it might be worth trying to turn off AIG's ground vehicle management in the app (I don't know the exact name of this checkbox, I'm not at home).

cesarkambara

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2022, 07:55:31 pm »
Same problem here

cesarkambara

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2022, 07:59:45 pm »
Yes - there are reports of this already in other scattered threads.  I've found no way to get GSX Pro's latest offline update and AIG Traffic controller to work together - the visual models won't show up.  I've had to disable GSX for the time being unfortunately as that is airport traffic is more important to me for the time being.  Previous updates to GSX Pro didn't cause this problem for me...only the recent updates.

Same for me.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 08:06:25 pm »
I'm also facing the same problem. Very annoying not seeing the airport after a 3+hr flight. This has to be a GSX issue, as this wasn't an issue at release of GSX and AIG hasn't received any update since.