Author Topic: loading fenix and pmdg  (Read 2151 times)

ogeva

loading fenix and pmdg
« on: September 10, 2022, 03:42:33 pm »
Can someone please post the exact process to load Fenix and PMDG with proper animations?
I read the manual, I still can't get it 100% right, there is always something that doesn't work (i.e passengers loaded with the fuel on fenix, or fuelingt ruck just comes and leaves on PMDG).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 04:27:46 pm by ogeva »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: oading fenix and pmdg
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 03:45:05 pm »
Have a look here for the PMDG:

The Fenix is not really different, just you'll get a crewed truck because the wing is higher, and you'll use the "Load Aircraft" button in the EFB.

Copper

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 04:23:29 pm »
For the Fenix my approach is:
SETUP:
- Disable Jetway and Door automation in the Fenix EFB (this makes GSX control all the animations, only need to do this once)
- Set Pax density to "Dense" in the GSX Settings if you don't want to wait too long for boarding.
- For less questions from GSX in this whole sequence, I suggest enabling automated selection of providers, turnaround simulation, and disable the "confirm good engine start" in the GSX settings.

DEPARTURE:
- If you want, connect the Jetway and open first door when loading into the sim, otherwise it will connect later upon boarding
- First call catering (if you want it) and wait for it to be almost complete
- Then call the Fuel Truck, wait for it to arrive and GSX to ask you to use the aircraft system to fuel
- Use the EFB to Load the aircraft and at the same time press the Request Boarding menu option in GSX so Fenix and GSX start boarding at the same time (I usually use the "fast" option for loading) - this also starts the animations for Jetway, stairs, doors etc.
- GSX will automatically do the cargo loading once refueling is finished (this is why I use the "fast" option in Fenix since cargo loading needs to happen after fueling is done)
- When using "fast" option in the Fenix, it'll be faster done boarding than GSX, but that's ok - just wait for GSX to be finished with pax and cargo loading as well.
- While boarding is still ongoing, you can press "request pushback and departure", it will be put on hold. Once boarding is finished, the pushback sequence will start automatically
- Make sure to have the APU running and parking brake set, switch off external power and use the Fenix EFB to disable GPU and Chocks now (latest when pushback sequence is initiated) as otherwise GSX pushback won't work properly

ARRIVAL:
- When arriving select the airport+gate and taxi there
- Once parked and engines shut down, Fenix will ask for deboarding - confirm this and also request deboarding in GSX at the same time (this initiates the animations)
- If you want to depart again (turnaround) make sure to set up simbrief prior arrival so GSX has the data available. In that case start over with the "DEPARTURE" section once deboarding is complete, you might have to skip Refueling if you have turnaround auto-service enabled since that one calls refueling automatically.

Following this procedure gives me a quite seamless experience on most airports with the least amount of manual input.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 04:37:23 pm by Cipher »

ogeva

Re: loading fenix and pmdg
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 04:29:47 pm »
Thanks

jack153

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 05:17:45 pm »
so i have to say this is not the way to load the plane i give the spritt mänge to the simbrief tells me so no % inputs and it doesn't run this should really be fixed because a lot of people have problems with it genner is gsx built quite too complicated with some things 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 05:18:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 05:19:59 pm »
so i have to say this is not the way to load the plane i give the spritt mänge to the simbrief tells me so no % inputs and it doesn't run this should really be fixed because a lot of people have problems with it genner is gsx built quite too complicated with some things

First, you message is unreadable, could you please clarify it ? This video shows how you are SUPPOSED to load the PMDG, you said you do it differently so, why you expected it to work ?

jack153

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 05:28:19 pm »
instead of entering & I just enter the exact specification of simbrif and exactly that should also recognize gsx but it does not so bug ?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 05:51:12 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 05:51:35 pm »
instead of entering & I just enter the exact specification of simbrif and exactly that should also recognize gsx but it does not so bug?

I have no idea what do you mean with "instead of entering &", please try to be more clear, because I really don't understand what you are saying.

jack153

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 06:01:42 pm »
yes self blame if you can not rub in german and you also understand german and I have to use a crap google translator !!!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 08:21:09 pm by virtuali »