Author Topic: FSDT Software Reinstallation not possible! (FSX)  (Read 1134 times)

Kalorien

• It is what it is
FSDT Software Reinstallation not possible! (FSX)
« on: September 06, 2022, 03:19:21 pm »
Now it becomes really uncomfortable. Because of the whole mess, I decided to uninstall all FSDT products and try to make a new reinstall. I did not use my old install exe files, no, I downloaded the the files from https://www.fsdreamteam.com/index.html.

After the installation of the scenery Dallas-Fort Worth for FSX and FS9 (downloaded here -> https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_kdfw.html) the installation went, as far as I could see as a normal user, okay. But after opening the Addonmanager in FSX to activate the scenery some Couatl scripting engine bla bla came up. And no, my antivirus was not enabled. The whole security setting in Windows 10 was deactivated!

That means, from my point of view, nobody is able to install a product of FSDT anymore (or is it just the Dallas scenery??????)

PLEASE, DO A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM ASAP!!!!!!! THIS JUST TAKES TOO LONG!

Sincerely
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Software Reinstallation not possible! (FSX)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 04:04:57 pm »
But after opening the Addonmanager in FSX to activate the scenery some Couatl scripting engine bla bla came up. And no, my antivirus was not enabled. The whole security setting in Windows 10 was deactivated!

That's a mistake. We never, ever, suggested to "disable" anything. As clearly indicated in all similar posts about the antivirus ( including the message you posted ), it's always been suggested to CONFIGURE the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

Also, after you install an FSX scenery with its installer, always use the FSDT Live Updater (with the antivirus correctly configured), to update everything to the latest version.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 06:36:12 pm »
Would you please explain the difference between deactivating the antivirus and adding the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusion zone of the antivirus in Windows10?

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 11:21:39 pm »
Hello still getting the same error when Launching the Live Update
(launching as admin and antivirus exclude  set, PC restarted)

You see, it doesn't make any difference...
So, what are you going tell us now?