Author Topic: Live Update Sept 5 on P3D 4.5 More GSX problems  (Read 1495 times)

Gilltech

Live Update Sept 5 on P3D 4.5 More GSX problems
« on: September 06, 2022, 07:06:07 am »
:Umberto, sure not trying to pile on. Know you are busy trying to program.

I did the latest Live Update at 9 PM Pacific Time (USA) and the updates made my problems with GSX on P3D v4.5 worse.

I am using GSX and GSX Level 2 purchased for P3D V4. I do not have FSX 2020.

The GSX menu won't load to screen at all to make service requests.
I can select GSX from Sim Pulldown menu. Choice for Customize this airport not listed. Customize this aircraft listed but won't load.
FSDT airports won't load. No building textures. KORD looks like skeleton buildings.

There is an error in the Couatl.log that states pathToUserCfg() DOES NOT EXIST!!! "<path not found>\Usercfg.opt"
I am not running FSX 2020 (is that a file for that?) so not sure why that error would appear. Not sure this matters but included in case it helps.

Prior to this update i could get GSX to work by running the ADDON Manager.exe file after the Live update. All GSX service requests were available at all airports. None of the service vehicles line up with the doors (stairs above aircraft) of my (Prosim 737-800). Cargo loaders were pallet loaders rather than conveyers for my size aircraft. Pushback worked well.

I will attach tonight's couatl.ini file. Perhaps a procedure for installing last version of GSX and GSX Level 2 for P3D would be helpful without having to reinstall all FSDT airports would be helpful while this is sorted out? All my FS Dreamteam products worked great prior to this at all airports.

thank you for your attention. Please indicate if there is anything I can do to provide any further details that would be helpful.

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live Update Sept 5 on P3D 4.5 More GSX problems
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 11:18:33 am »
Your problem is caused by a timing error, the creation of the model cache is taking too long, we don't understand what's causing this, because P3D4 should have the smallest model cache of all, since it has far less model variations due to having Render to Texture available.

The problem seems to happen randomly, the only solution I found for the time being, is selecting "Restart Rebuild the airport cache" again, until it works.

Go to a default airport where GSX has replaced the default jetways and choose "Restart Rebuild the airport cache", and pay attention when the jetways come up. They might take even 20-30 seconds or even more, if they don't show up, it's likely you got that error again, so you need to try that option again, until it works.

Gilltech

Re: Live Update Sept 5 on P3D 4.5 More GSX problems
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 05:40:30 am »
Umberto, the updated dated today (Sept 6) fixed all my previously reported problems.

Now testing GSX at several FSDT and other 3rd party airports. So far only issue i have found is the parking issue at Flightbeam KDEN. In my case when I start P3d at parking B45, the GSX menu only offers me to select a very limited choice of a parking spot (as if i just landed and am wanting to select parking). No services are offered for Catering, Deboarding, Boarding, etc.

Thanks for today's update. I appreciate your hard work.

Mark