Author Topic: Simbrief and FBW A320  (Read 2965 times)

Flightdoc

Re: Simbrief and FBW A320
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2022, 05:20:04 pm »
thanks for the careful list above.. I followed it but I can't find a SIMBRIEF green button -- where should I see that?
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2022, 05:21:19 pm »
thanks for the careful list above.. I followed it but I can't find a SIMBRIEF green button -- where should I see that?

It's the last button in the GSX menu. It's red if there's a problem, with a text below saying which problem is.

Flightdoc

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2022, 12:13:35 am »
So I followed the procedure above carefully, and everything looked good in the sim itself. I still did not see a green SIMBRIEF button on the GSX menu. Simbrief plan correctly loaded and showing in MCDU. But no button, so I went to the pilots tablet and turned it on (set to AUTO load Simbrief). It showed the Simbrief value there including my flight plan from Simbrief. When I pulled up the GSX menu again it showed a RED Reload Simbrief button. I clicked it and that generated an error log. Attached.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 02:35:14 am by len hjalmarson »
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2022, 01:42:20 pm »
Your error :

('Exception1 = ', 'URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL')

seems to indicate you haven't used the correct SimBrief login. It must the ONLY the ALIAS, not the id, not your name, not both.

Flightdoc

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2022, 04:47:22 pm »
Only the ALIAS - got it!
Flightdoc

Flightdoc

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2022, 09:09:15 pm »
So now that I'm using my proper ALIAS I don't get a SIMBRIEF red button, but neither am I getting the green. So I fired up the pilots tablet -- Simbrief again does seem properly loaded and I have MSFS Sync OFF. Is it ok to have Simbridge Connect on AUTO? Image attached --
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2022, 11:23:09 pm »
So now that I'm using my proper ALIAS I don't get a SIMBRIEF red button, but neither am I getting the green

There's no button when you first open the menu, try opening a 2nd time.

Magic Man

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2022, 09:57:17 pm »
I'm getting the same error, alias entered.

Have a space in my alias so possibly needs to be enquoted when passed through the API?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 10:00:53 pm by Magic Man »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2022, 10:11:39 am »
I'm getting the same error, alias entered.

Have a space in my alias so possibly needs to be enquoted when passed through the API?

It's not so simple, passing the URL quoted for some reason doesn't work and always return an error, even if the same URL works fine from the command line, we need to understand why ( we are using the open source CurlLib C++ library ), in the meantime a workaround is edit the Alias on SimBrief to not contain spaces, maybe using an Underscore instead.

This won't have any effect on your login/password, since the Alias is separate, and won't affect other add-ons that use the Pilot ID ( the number ) to login.

Magic Man

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2022, 05:50:42 pm »
That sorted it, changed my alias to not have a space and connects fine now.

Many thanks.