Author Topic: Wonky Fuel Tanker  (Read 2158 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wonky Fuel Tanker
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2022, 09:42:01 pm »
There’s something very wrong with the editor as it’s clearly evident by the screenshots I’ve attached. Perhaps the reason you are not able to recreate the issue that I’m experiencing, is that you are using the developer’s version of the editor? If there’s a way to use the same “end user” editor version that we have received, perhaps you could reproduce the problem and find a way to fix it?

Of course I'm using the same, exact, identical, retail version everybody use.

So, I reset the custom parking as per your directions which cleared my existing parking configuration.  As I moved the ground vehicles, the drivers remained in a seated position suspended in the air.

That might be a bit weird to see, but it's not a problem and won't affect what's being saved, and drivers will go away when you exit the editor and restart.

Turok144

Re: Wonky Fuel Tanker
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2022, 12:22:52 am »
There’s something very wrong with the editor as it’s clearly evident by the screenshots I’ve attached. Perhaps the reason you are not able to recreate the issue that I’m experiencing, is that you are using the developer’s version of the editor? If there’s a way to use the same “end user” editor version that we have received, perhaps you could reproduce the problem and find a way to fix it?

Of course I'm using the same, exact, identical, retail version everybody use.

So, I reset the custom parking as per your directions which cleared my existing parking configuration.  As I moved the ground vehicles, the drivers remained in a seated position suspended in the air.

That might be a bit weird to see, but it's not a problem and won't affect what's being saved, and drivers will go away when you exit the editor and restart.

Agreed, I can confirm that the floating drivers do not affect what's being changed.  The drivers return to their designated vehicles after the editor changes are saved.  I wanted to point out, in my previous post, for you to take notice of where the vehicles were initially (as denoted by the floating drivers) and where I moved the vehicles to their new location. 

What doesn't make sense to me is what's the point of having the ability to move and reassign vehicles in the editor if the vehicles are not going to stay in those locations???

Clearly you can see by the screenshots I posted, that the fuel truck is in sight after being summoned and you can clearly see that all the vehicles moved from the right side of the aircraft (where I assigned them in the editor) to close proximity to the left hand side of the aircraft.  So again I have to ask, why is this happening?  Why did the pushback cart move (from it's newly assigned location by the editor) when I ordered fuel.

Furthermore, the pushback cart moved to the path where the passengers are boarding/deboarding resulting in passenger walking through the pushback cart.  See attached screenshot.

I'm not trying to be a 'richard cranium' all I want to do is to point out that there's a problem with the editor which is evident by the screenshots. 

The vehicles that automatically parked themselves on the left hand side of the aircraft did not get there by accident.  They were programmed to spawn there. If the editor was working properly, I would think that the vehicle's starting point would show that their initial state was to the right of the aircraft and not on the left as they appear on the editor screenshot that I previously posted.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 02:35:44 am by Turok144 »