Author Topic: Jetways Not Working at Default  (Read 1123 times)

jrschirle

Jetways Not Working at Default
« on: September 05, 2022, 02:26:54 pm »
Ok, So at default KMCO airport. I attach the Jetway and then request boarding. The jetway goes away and the people walk out on air. If I then just request deboarding, the Jetway never connects and I don't see anyone board.

Thoughts? I also have this problem at addon airports as well.

How can we get the Jetway to stay?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Not Working at Default
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 02:37:05 pm »
You don't say which airplane you use.

With the Fenix A320, you must disable the feature to connect the jetway automatically, otherwise GSX will connect the jetway and the airplane will do that as well and, since the standard connect command is NOT a "connect" or a "disconnect" command but a "toggle" ( invert the status ), the two doing the same thing will result in the jetways disconnecting.

If, instead, you are using an airplane that doesn't operate the jetway, it's likely you are running into a different problem entirely, which is the loss of sync between the jetway animation and its LOD levels, which of course is not a GSX problem, but an MSFS bug that affects each and every jetway in the sim, including the default Asobo modes, see here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26965.msg176552.html#msg176552

jrschirle

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 02:52:52 pm »
Thanks for the reply. It's PMDG 737-800.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 03:05:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply. It's PMDG 737-800.

Ok, so you just got the very well know bug in the LOD. The jetway hasn't really disconnected, it's still connected as far the simulator is concerned, it's just showing the un-animated version of itself when it switches LODs, because of that bug.