Author Topic: choosing airline services for boarding/deboarding  (Read 1448 times)

jsemmel

choosing airline services for boarding/deboarding
« on: September 05, 2022, 02:25:19 pm »
I always try to select gates that my chosen airline will depart and arrive.  Usually I google for example "KJFK American Terminal" and I get a terminal.  However, most of the time I don't get that airline as a choice when selecting.  Is there a way lookup the choice of airlines for a gate?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: choosing airline services for boarding/deboarding
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 02:38:35 pm »
GSX uses a scoring system based on the airport.

If you want to specify precisely which operators are assigned to each gate, use the parking customization in GSX to set them for each gate.

jsemmel

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 04:34:37 pm »
GSX uses a scoring system based on the airport.

If you want to specify precisely which operators are assigned to each gate, use the parking customization in GSX to set them for each gate.
Where would I do that?  Customization / Custom Texture / Handling   If yes, then there are so many choices and only 1 choice can be made.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 04:36:36 pm »
Where would I do that?  Customization / Custom Texture / Handling   If yes, then there are so many choices and only 1 choice can be made.

If you want multiple choices, you need to use Airline code, which will give a scoring boost to all airlines that have a code there. However, it's just a tie-breaker when there are multiple operators with the same highest score.

jsemmel

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 04:57:26 pm »

If you want multiple choices, you need to use Airline code, which will give a scoring boost to all airlines that have a code there. However, it's just a tie-breaker when there are multiple operators with the same highest score.
I see that when choosing DEFAULT for Handling, I get 3 choices (which I assume is score ranked).  When I choose a specific code, I no longer get choices.  It chooses the handler behind the code. 

Many of these codes are not easily determined.  For example, the airline ICAO codes are not used for all of them.  Is there a list of handler names for each code listed in the drop-down?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 05:00:29 pm »
I see that when choosing DEFAULT for Handling, I get 3 choices (which I assume is score ranked).  When I choose a specific code, I no longer get choices.  It chooses the handler behind the code. 

That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

Many of these codes are not easily determined.  For example, the airline ICAO codes are not used for all of them.  Is there a list of handler names for each code listed in the drop-down?

the rules_handling.cfg file in the Addon Manager\texture folder.

jsemmel

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 09:27:56 pm »

That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

the rules_handling.cfg file in the Addon Manager\texture folder.

Perfect! Thanks!