Author Topic: When can we expect a working copy of GSX?  (Read 3494 times)

liamr685

When can we expect a working copy of GSX?
« on: September 05, 2022, 09:38:09 am »
As the title suggests, when can we get a copy of GSX that works?

We are now entering week 3 of a product that doesn't work entirely for the majority of people.
Out of all the scenery I own, only T2G OTHH V2 works fully with GSX, everything else is broke in one way or another.
(Isolated parking, no animated jetways, not reading the scenery files)

Its good that users have found temporary workarounds or fixes, but these don't work for everyone.

GSX and GSX lv2 both need to be made independent from GSX Pro.
Having 3 versions of GSX, using common files, on two different sims with two, very, very different engines, is the problem
GSX Interacts differently with P3D than it does with MSFS, which is why GSX is not reading the data properly from its files for P3D.

Please, roll back this update or release a standalone P3D installer that does not contain any of the files, configs or instructions that relate to MSFS.
The time has come where the products need to be independent.

A lot of people can't enjoy their hobby currently due to this poor show, of what seems to be an entirely untested update.

Maybe a BETA program is needed in future, for users to opt into before updates drop.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 09:41:26 am by liamr685 »

fruitycocktail

Re: When can we expect a working copy of GSX?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 01:54:24 pm »
When umberto can be bothered.  He will fix the ms2020 cash  cow first.

AlphaTyphoon

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 02:25:40 pm »
I have refrained from posting anything in the hope that GSX would be fixed. To now see the blatant ignoring of the P3D forums in favour of the MSFS GSX is just downright dissapointing. All I have seen in the installer patch notes over the last week or so is fixes for the GSX Pro, while features that orignially worked in P3D remain broken, and the software now works intermittently. I am so annoyed, I understand that with the release things may not work but to just feel like the P3D community doesn't matter after supporting FSDT and GSX over the last few years. I will remember that when the next BIG flight simulator comes along FSDT leave the other communities behind.

Raul79

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 02:35:55 pm »
I totally agree.

When we all bought your product you didn't warn us about this, that you wouldn't support it and would let the P3d version die.
My feeling is: It seems that the hope many developers have is that P3d users will eventually drop it and move to MFS, and not to have to develop more products for P3d. Seems to be very intentional.
how long have we been waiting for the new features for P3d "...coming soon" ?? as the menu says

Best regards...

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 04:21:24 pm »
@virtuali has replied to several posts on the MSFS version of GSX today but not a single reply in this forum.

I have to agree with others that we appear to be second-class customers despite buying not just GSX but many FSDT airports. How disappointing.  :(
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

fruitycocktail

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 04:24:06 pm »
umberto knows where his bread is buttered.  its over at ms2020.

he got our money long ago and doesnt give a shit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 04:40:23 pm »
Every post is being read, even if it might be a while before I can *answer* to all of then but, in some case I don't even know where to begin to understand what the problem is.

Saw a post saying FSDT KORD has isolated parking, without saying which ones. So I tried two of them at random ( C4 and B3 ), and the SODE jetway worked find, and there wasn't any isolated message, and the editor displayed all parking spots correctly. Tried with P3D V5.

liamr685

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 05:24:17 pm »
Every post is being read, even if it might be a while before I can *answer* to all of then but, in some case I don't even know where to begin to understand what the problem is.

Saw a post saying FSDT KORD has isolated parking, without saying which ones. So I tried two of them at random ( C4 and B3 ), and the SODE jetway worked find, and there wasn't any isolated message, and the editor displayed all parking spots correctly. Tried with P3D V5.

Example at UK2000 EGLL. Load up at any heavy gate, it tells me theres only one available, I warp to it, the moment I am there "This parking is isolated"

https://i.imgur.com/sCfrafZ.png

The only reason everything works for you, is because youre the developer, you have all the tools and files required there for it to work as it should.
We're reliant on what we get through the live update.

Im not sure if the live update is crashing, like others have mentioned, but ive just done another full re-install.

When running the live update, the upper progress bar stops at "Step 1 of 37" at 2%
The lower bar runs through everything as normal, then the whole thing just closes, as i assume it should, but when it does close, the upper progress bar still remains at 2%.

Either way, whatever we are getting, isnt reading afcads or INI files properly, and half the ini files GSX produce are corrupt.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 08:54:17 pm by virtuali »

Raul79

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 05:28:08 pm »
...And what about the bug with aircraft configurations on every time and every flight.
Door positions for example?

The interface seems save all positions and configurations, but on the next flight with the same aircraft, need to configure it again.

on P3dv4.5 and P3dv5.0, since the last update, before that it didn't happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 08:54:56 pm »
...And what about the bug with aircraft configurations on every time and every flight.  Door positions for example?

Solved with today's update:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26886.msg179697.html#msg179697

Raul79

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 02:35:19 pm »
Thank's
I will check it at night.

G-AZZA

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 04:40:30 pm »
Todays update has broke GSX/GSX L2 in P3D v4.5 again. Worked fine earlier, finished flight, exited, run GSX installer to update, restart P3D, GSX is in dropdown menu but nothing clicks open!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 04:55:37 pm »
Todays update has broke GSX/GSX L2 in P3D v4.5 again. Worked fine earlier, finished flight, exited, run GSX installer to update, restart P3D, GSX is in dropdown menu but nothing clicks open!!

Which is not possible, since we haven't changed *anything* in P3D. Yes, the P3D Couatl64 .exe has changed, but just because it was digitally signed again as part of the upload process, but it's exactly the same file as before, just with a different date on its Digital Signature.

G-AZZA

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2022, 05:10:29 pm »
Wee it doesn't work (for me) again!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 05:31:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2022, 05:33:31 pm »
Wee it doesn't work (for me) again!

Check if this applies to you:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27475.msg179924.html#msg179924

Running the updater will always clear the model cache and, for a reason still unknown, is taking longer than normal on P3D 4, causing a timeout that stops the program, try the solutions explained there.