Author Topic: Jetway replacement not working?  (Read 3239 times)

airbadger

Jetway replacement not working?
« on: September 04, 2022, 08:52:48 pm »
Has anyone else experienced the jetway replacement function not working? I'm at a default airport, CYUL, the GSX Pro config is set up correctly to replace all default jetways, but the default jetways still show up.

jeffturner

• Sky Blue Radio
Re: Jetway replacement not working?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 04:55:10 am »
I am having the same issue.
Jeff "JT" Turner
Station Manager
Sky Blue Radio

salwanalali

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 10:02:04 am »
me too

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 02:07:54 pm »
Like any other scenery package, Jetway replacement files are affected by the priority in the scenery library and, since the Community folder is always read *after* the Official folder, under normal circumstances the jetways replacement should always get an higher priority over the default scenery.

However, there are two possible situations in which the priority is not what it supposed to be and are:

- If you edited the CONTENT.XML file manually, and moved the gsx-world-of-jetways packages before the fs base packages, the default sceneries would get an higher priority, so their jetways will show instead

- If you are on SU9, there's A BUG in the sim that doesn't support exclusions correctly so, even if the order is correct in the CONTENT.XML, the higher priority scenery (gsx) still won't be able to Exclude jetways if a scenery has already Excluded jetways on this own UNLESS the CONTENT.XML file is removed BEFORE EACH START.   This bug has been fixed in SU10 Beta.

spider83

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 08:25:36 pm »
Sorry, but it didn't helped me.
I've SU9 ... deleting the content.xml before each start, don't help.
I also checked the file itsselfe - the sx-world-of-jetways packages is below the default sceneries.

And ... I also updatet GSX today twice.

Any idea?

spider83

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 08:28:08 am »
maybe the solution was to reinstall GSX ... now it works. But not at EDDF (Asobo, MSFS-Pro) --> there are always the stadard-jetways (metal). Any idea about that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 08:30:10 am »
maybe the solution was to reinstall GSX ... now it works. But not at EDDF (Asobo, MSFS-Pro) --> there are always the stadard-jetways (metal). Any idea about that?

If you are on SU9, there's A BUG in the sim that doesn't support exclusions correctly so, even if the order is correct in the CONTENT.XML, the higher priority scenery (gsx) still won't be able to Exclude jetways if a scenery has already Excluded jetways on this own UNLESS the CONTENT.XML file is removed BEFORE EACH START.   This bug has been fixed in SU10 Beta.

The bug only affects sceneries that has replaced jetways on their own, like some handcrafted airports.

SKEWR

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 02:04:02 am »
@spider83

What did you do to correct this? I really would like to have glass jetways at KEWR as I'd like to see the new PAX models. Thanks for any help you can provide.

jodoin

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 11:30:11 am »
Same issue for me after uninstalling and reinstalling GSX.(softwate bought  days ago).

spider83

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 09:05:37 pm »
I updatet to SU10, and the most (i didn't checked all) works with the new glass-jetways.
But at EDDF i have problmes --> most of the jetways now inside the terminal; (not at A-Plus)

jodoin

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 08:57:21 am »
Problem solved after deleting content.xml

airbadger

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2022, 12:07:23 am »
I posted this thread two months ago and I still can't get this feature to work. I tried deleting content.xml (not that it matters with SU10) to no luck. Anyone else facing this issue?

St.LouisBlues

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2022, 03:29:19 pm »
Yes, it happens to me also.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 09:32:12 am »
I posted this thread two months ago and I still can't get this feature to work. I tried deleting content.xml (not that it matters with SU10) to no luck. Anyone else facing this issue?

Two months ago the issue was completely different, and the content.xml bug affected it. Now it doesn't happen anymore, but since the content.xml is no longer used, it's your responsibility to be sure the GSX replacement jetways gets an higher priority over the default airports package, the one named fs-base-genericairports in the Official folder, using the new reordering tool in the Experimental section of the sim.

Of course, I assume you are expecting the correct result from GSX Jetway replacement files, and it's they are only supposed to replace Jetways at DEFAULT airports.

airbadger

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 01:35:41 pm »
Thanks, I was unaware of this responsibility as I don't see anything about it in the manual. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get the reordering tool to work, or I'm not understanding how it's supposed to be used. I was able to move GSX jetways up a couple of sections but then it got stuck and now it won't move anywhere:

https://streamable.com/f9tbp7
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 03:22:16 pm by virtuali »