Author Topic: GSX Profile selling on SimMarket?  (Read 3146 times)

FrittenFritz

GSX Profile selling on SimMarket?
« on: September 02, 2022, 06:34:26 pm »
Good Day,

today I saw someone selling GSX Profiles on SimMarket. And IMO, it's very scummy to sell Profiles for a Program which already costs Money. I'm no lawyer so im not sure if its legal or not, but i also want to inform FSDT that something like this is happening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Profile selling on SimMarket?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 06:45:25 pm »
I fail to see how a 3rd party selling GSX Profiles has anything to do with us, or the fact we sell the base program, it's like complaining to Microsoft because they sold you a program which "already costs Money", and those selling add-ons are like some kind of fraudster.

And what's new with add-ons for add-ons ? Ever heard of Fs2Crew ? It's an add-on for another add-on ( an airplane ).

- You are provided with the same exact tools these 3rd parties are using to create the profiles.

- They are not paying us any royalties fees, neither we claim any copyright over their work.

Let's try to see it from another point of view, and imagine you bought GSX to make profiles to sell, would you be happy to hear if we told you can't, and we are the owners of your work ?

TomReborn

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 07:17:13 pm »
They are not paying us any royalties fees, neither we claim any copyright over their work.

This is all that's needed to this reply. FrittenFritz is simply asking if it's allowed or not because there are no Terms & Conditions (that are visible) for this product, therefore, we're not sure if it was allowed or not.
Some developers do not allow people to make free content and make people pay for it, some developers do allow this.

Was just a question from FrittenFritz that's all, just in case it wasn't allowed and it was to help you find it right away. This could have been worded a lot better and nicer from you imo, but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 07:20:22 pm »
Was just a question from FrittenFritz that's all, just in case it wasn't allowed and it was to help you find it right away. This could have been worded a lot better and nicer from you imo

It could have been worded better and nicer from him as well:

it's very scummy to sell Profiles for a Program which already costs Money

This sentence, as written, seem to associate FSDT/GSX ( "the Program which already costs Money" ), with something "very scummy", imagine it I used these kind of words in a reply...so no, he wasn't "just" asking if this is allowed, he already had a judgement.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 07:22:14 pm by virtuali »

TomReborn

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 07:24:49 pm »
He's referring to the person who's selling the profiles, your product is great and is worth the money so he isn't calling FSDT/GSX scummy, but someone else making the profiles and then selling them on is what he is referring to that's all.
"It's very scummy to sell profiles" referring to the person selling the profiles, not FSDT/GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 07:45:37 pm »
"It's very scummy to sell profiles" referring to the person selling the profiles, not FSDT/GSX

By saying he "for Program which already costs Money" in that same sentence, there's an implied association between our decision to make GSX a paid product and that "scummy" practice. As if the practice would have been "less scummy" if GSX was free so yes, it ultimately a judgement on both.

Wimma

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 08:00:51 pm »
By saying he "for Program which already costs Money" in that same sentence, there's an implied association between our decision to make GSX a paid product and that "scummy" practice.

This, dear Umberto, is not true. The verb scummy, in this case, only refers to the very next part of the sentence; unless this would have been implemented as an appositive, or an unrestrictive relative clause, scummy does not refer to „for a programm which already costs money“.

;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 08:03:02 pm by Wimma »

vekant

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 03:40:57 am »
Good Day,

today I saw someone selling GSX Profiles on SimMarket. And IMO, it's very scummy to sell Profiles for a Program which already costs Money. I'm no lawyer so im not sure if its legal or not, but i also want to inform FSDT that something like this is happening.

Hello FrittenFritz, It is myself who sells these profiles, Free choice to buy them or not, we oblige nobody. I just suggest. You know, if it takes your logic not to buy an addon of paid software, then why are you buying GSX Pro, Fenix, PMDG? Yet these are paid software for an already paid product...
I don't sell 1 profile, I sell 7 for 7 different airports. Do you know the number of hours it takes to properly profile a medium / large airport. Very large airports, to do all the gates requires a lot of work.
Do you work for free? Your boss must be happy!  ;)

goose66

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 04:57:00 am »
Good Day,

Hello FrittenFritz, It is myself who sells these profiles, Free choice to buy them or not, we oblige nobody. I just suggest. You know, if it takes your logic not to buy an addon of paid software, then why are you buying GSX Pro, Fenix, PMDG? Yet these are paid software for an already paid product...
I don't sell 1 profile, I sell 7 for 7 different airports. Do you know the number of hours it takes to properly profile a medium / large airport. Very large airports, to do all the gates requires a lot of work.
OMG you are selling this for 8.33 Euro!  You will probably be able to buy your own damn jet, ground equipment, and airport soon!  I bet you won't even think about buying a lottery ticket.  Why with today's sales only you can probably get an Aston Martin.  You lucky dog you.  Make sure that you don't let the ladies know about this.  They will be beating a path to your bank account.  Why, with 8 Euro, I could keep my family in Starbucks for, well a cup and a half of coffee!  PS, what the hell is a Euro?
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

vekant

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2022, 10:50:45 am »
Good Day,

OMG you are selling this for 8.33 Euro!  You will probably be able to buy your own damn jet, ground equipment, and airport soon!  I bet you won't even think about buying a lottery ticket.  Why with today's sales only you can probably get an Aston Martin.  You lucky dog you.  Make sure that you don't let the ladies know about this.  They will be beating a path to your bank account.  Why, with 8 Euro, I could keep my family in Starbucks for, well a cup and a half of coffee!  PS, what the hell is a Euro?

Like I say, I'm not forcing anyone! it's up to you to buy or not, if I do it's because it works. Everyone has a different opinion. Luckily not everyone is the same, the world would be sad

airac971

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2022, 11:39:45 am »
Hello, I just came across this post, I am shocked.
I have indeed bought this pack and it is ultra detailed, the 7 airports sold are worth the price in view of the quality of the work provided. I have the means to afford quality I do, if I don't I don't and I don't come here to denounce the seller, if simmarket sells it it's that authorized, I find your post insulting to the work provided and I think you have never bought a single GSX profile when some charge full price. So sir if you can't afford a profile, go to flightsim.to or do it yourself. Have a nice day.
And by the way thanks to GSX for this superb product you are really gods.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2022, 05:07:16 pm »
This, dear Umberto, is not true. The verb scummy, in this case, only refers to the very next part of the sentence; unless this would have been implemented as an appositive, or an unrestrictive relative clause, scummy does not refer to „for a programm which already costs money“.

People react to sentences and find them offensive or not very subjectively. Since I have been pointed out I could have user a "nicer way" of saying things, I expect the same kind of curtesy when something is directed to me/FSDT/GSX.

FrittenFritz

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2022, 06:25:25 pm »
Well this thread is already a dumpster fire. Long story short, if you're a decent human being don't look for excuses to sell GSX Profiles to users who already bought an overpriced broken GSX Pro.

From now it will be my and the GSX Community's mission to redo the Profiles that get selled on SimMarket. Not only for free, but In better quality. And better support. Cheers

Wimma

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2022, 06:54:45 pm »
Do you know the number of hours it takes to properly profile a medium / large airport. Very large airports, to do all the gates requires a lot of work.

Yes Vekant, we know. We have done bigger and more airports than you have done; and I am afraid to say in better quality as well! We actually purchased the pack from you because we wanted to see what you "offer" for a quarter of the price of GSX in itself (which is  already ridiculous if you think about that for just 7 airports...) I have to say I am more than disappointed... Not even all gates on all airports are modelled and pushbacks are not even labled correctly. There are better versions of the airports you have done for free, and that is the shame; you charge for a worse product people have already created for free. We, a community of GSX profile creators, made recreating every airport you do for free, so people don't have to buy it for a ridiculous price tag from you. So don't waist your time yourself and just download them for free... You are literally the CaptainSim of GSX.

Regards, Michael, a passionate flightsimmer who wants to make this community a better place and stop people falling for scummy moves like yours.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 06:58:52 pm by Wimma »

airac971

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2022, 07:01:57 pm »
Hello, I would be curious to have the name of your profile and the platform on which you distribute your products, I would be curious to compare.
A simulation enthusiast.