Author Topic: GSX not working after update  (Read 2673 times)

space_coast

GSX not working after update
« on: September 02, 2022, 06:21:03 pm »
Hello
I've just updated my FSDT products with the live installer and voilà, GSX is not working  >:( >:(  :'(
- No sode jetways visible
- When I click on settings, nothing appears
- When I click restart couatl and build airport cache, nothing happens
used the live update as well the FSDT installer repeatedly, but nothing helps....

Why? I dont have a lot of time to fly, and when I update a program, I at least expect, that the update is working. A weekend of no flying at all is ahead of me, I believe

log file is attached

liamr685

Re: GSX not working after update
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 06:29:22 pm »
You’ll have longer than a weekend without a working copy of GSX.

GSX for P3D has been bugged for going 2-3 weeks now I believe, with no end in sight.

FresJay76

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 06:49:06 pm »
This is absolutely ridiculous 3 weeks after a release on a platform I do not even have GSX for, that a totally separate sim STILL isn't working. I went from a 99% functioning program with only a small margin of failures to something that has maybe a .5% chance of any part actually working when I try to use it. Not at all encouraging me to want to purchase it for MSFS. Very disappointing as GSX has been a staple of my simming for years and make want to wash my hands of it all together and not recommend at all. Also of note I can not even open the options to turn on Logging to give you a log that is how bad it is.

Jay
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 07:04:00 pm by FresJay76 »

space_coast

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 07:04:56 pm »
You’ll have longer than a weekend without a working copy of GSX.

GSX for P3D has been bugged for going 2-3 weeks now I believe, with no end in sight.

Wow, 3 weeks, that‘s what I call „quality services“ by a „quality vendor“.
I cannot longer stand those developers, who promise things to work or promise an update and can‘t deliver and as always, we the customers are those who fail to correctly use a product.
The only thing I can try is to revert back with a backup.

space_coast

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 07:06:29 pm »
This is absolutely ridiculous 3 weeks after a release on a platform I do not even have GSX for, that a totally separate sim STILL isn't working. I went from a 99% functioning program with only a small margin of failures to something that has maybe a .5% chance of any part actually working when I try to use it. Not at all encouraging me to want to purchase it for MSFS. Very disappointing as GSX has been a staple of my simming for years and make want to wash my hands of it all together and not recommend at all. Also of note I can not even open the options to turn on Logging to give you a log that is how bad it is.

Jay

Perfect, just perfect. I was a week away and did look forward flying this weekend and now this misery. Im disappointed, really disappointed!

liamr685

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 07:41:30 pm »

Jay

Perfect, just perfect. I was a week away and did look forward flying this weekend and now this misery. Im disappointed, really disappointed!

Not the only one disappointed.
Hadn’t flown in the sim for 3 months due to work.
Decided to do a flight, updated GSX and bam.

Going back to the old days and flying without it.

space_coast

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 08:18:35 pm »

Jay

Not the only one disappointed.
Hadn’t flown in the sim for 3 months due to work.
Decided to do a flight, updated GSX and bam.

Going back to the old days and flying without it.

This cannot be the answer to go back and flying without GSC just because the developers don‘t listen to the customers. The forums and websites are filled with complaints but I realise it, as it is not taken seriously.

ryanbogan

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 09:14:24 pm »
In exactly the same situation, updates are making the issues worse rather than better. Why is there not a way for us to revert to older versions which we know work?

kmanning

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 12:23:12 am »
Hello
I've just updated my FSDT products with the live installer and voilà, GSX is not working  >:( >:(  :'(
- No sode jetways visible
- When I click on settings, nothing appears
- When I click restart couatl and build airport cache, nothing happens
used the live update as well the FSDT installer repeatedly, but nothing helps....

Why? I dont have a lot of time to fly, and when I update a program, I at least expect, that the update is working. A weekend of no flying at all is ahead of me, I believe

log file is attached

Yes, your log file is attached. But will you tell me where the log file is located, and provide details? I can't find it anywhere.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:26:25 am by kmanning »

elac1

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2022, 01:38:27 am »
Yeah...it's frustrating but look at the slightly bigger picture here.

Sure, GSX is a great immersion app for simming and I've been using it for years. But is it REALLY necessary for your actual flight? We sim because we enjoy flying, whether it's the low and slow crowd or the tubeliner guys. What GSX offers adds hugely to the immersion but not having it doesn't impact our FLYING.

I'm also fairly certain that Umberto and his team cannot be happy with what is happening and are working to find a solution but bug tracking and coding are arduous and time consuming. There is no fast fix.
Reverting to an older version is, I believe, an option. Do a search. I remember seeing posts about it.

Give them time. FSDT surely do not want their reputation to suffer because of this issue and I'm certain that they are not ignoring the howls of anguish from their customers.
Patience is a virtue.

FYI: I am not in any way affiliated with FSDT.

kmanning

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2022, 02:44:43 am »
Will anyone that knows, tell me where the log file is located. That is, the log file used to report to FSDT about an issue. And is "log.file" the exact name of the file because everyone calls it a log file. If not, what is the exact name of the file?

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 02:49:59 am by kmanning »

srcooke

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2022, 09:17:25 am »
Will anyone that knows, tell me where the log file is located. That is, the log file used to report to FSDT about an issue. And is "log.file" the exact name of the file because everyone calls it a log file. If not, what is the exact name of the file?

Ken.
Enable diagnostic log in settings.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\

Couatl.log
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 09:19:25 am by srcooke »
Regards
Stephen Cooke

fruitycocktail

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2022, 10:14:19 am »
once they realise that coutl is pile of junk and do away with it then we can all move forward.  i give up with this junk. how cannot you not find this stuff when testing is beyond me.

kmanning

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2022, 10:46:44 am »

Ken.
Enable diagnostic log in settings.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\

Couatl.log

I do not see Diagnostic Log at this location. Be more specific. How do you enable it?

Ken.

ryanbogan

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2022, 09:56:41 pm »
It seems no matter what I do, GSX is broken. Short of a full sim reinstall (which I'm not even confident would achieve anything) I am at a loss. I have done a full GSX reinstall, ensuring all folders and entries linking to GSX are removed and that has only made the situation worse. The CaptainSim (I know) 767 does not have out of the box support, but I've had no issue with custom profiles in the past. I installed a third party one which wasn't even acknowledged so I built my own as I always have in the past. But it does not save. Not even in the same session. What a joke! Please just provide a product which works without so much messing around! Even better, allow me to download a previous version for P3D that actually works. Given I haven't even bought the MSFS version, the changes are unnecessary. And don't start me on the voiceover to tell me that the plane is boarding!

/rant

Apologies, had to get that out.