Author Topic: Not seeing passengers  (Read 10414 times)

pepelaloca5322

Not seeing passengers
« on: September 02, 2022, 04:59:34 am »
Hi, i loaded in for a normal flight after an update and realized i couldn't see any passengers. It says it is boarding 170 passengers. But i cannot see a single one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not seeing passengers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 12:39:48 pm »
In order to see passengers:

- If you are on a gate with a Jetway, the jetway must be docked.

- If you are on a gate with a Jetway of a 3rd party airport, that ICAO MUST be disabled in the GSX Config panel, using the "Exclude 3rd party" button.

pepelaloca5322

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 06:48:21 pm »
Yes i know, i was in a third party addon, jeyway connected and i still couldn't see it. I could see them at some gates but in others no.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 06:51:23 pm »
As I've said, if you are on a gate with a Jetway of a 3rd party airport, that ICAO MUST be disabled in the GSX Config panel, using the "Exclude 3rd party" button.

pepelaloca5322

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 08:11:11 pm »
Yes, it is disabled, all the configs you say are fine. I also tried at a default with GSX WORLD jetways still see nothing.

SHICONG777

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 05:56:45 pm »
As I've said, if you are on a gate with a Jetway of a 3rd party airport, that ICAO MUST be disabled in the GSX Config panel, using the "Exclude 3rd party" button.

In the same situation, Dublin EIDW, Ireland, upgraded to the latest version, I also disabled the third-party airport, used the bridge to board the plane, and could not see the passengers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 05:57:57 pm »
Has the jetway docked ?

Flightdoc

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2022, 12:46:20 am »
Same at EBBR using the GSX configuration available for download here. 3rd party jw excluded, jetway connected when boarding requested. FBW A320 no passengers in sight. I'm also puzzling about the relationship of the internal pad and configuration screen.. does it matter if this is on or off when GSX loads? Its the software where you can set fuel, cargo weight, passenger no etc.
Flightdoc

MDFMike

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2022, 02:20:55 pm »
Having the same issue in MSFS. This was working for me from my original install on 8/20 but since Friday, 9/2 I can only "hear" the passengers boarding. Simbrief is all setup ok.  Using PMDG 737-700 and 737-800 - passengers are "invisible" during boarding. I've uninstalled GSX and reinstalled clean multiple times - to no avail. This is the KDEN airport 3rd party - I have excluded KDEN jetways via the GSX Config Panel.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:17:20 pm by MDFMike »

SHICONG777

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2022, 05:41:46 pm »
Has the jetway docked ?
YES,PMDG 737-800 and 737-700 both

hilkiah

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 12:05:06 am »
I am having a similar experience.  I have the latest version of GSX as I always run the live update prior to launching MSFS.  I also have the latest FSUIPC (7.3.8 at the time of writing this post).  My first flight today was with the PMDG 737-700 and was from EGLL (default scenery).  The jetway was docked so I didn't expect to see the passengers.  When I called for loading of the baggage, the 2 conveyor trucks setup as normal but I couldn't see any baggage train or actual baggage being loaded onto the conveyor belt.  I did see the pushback truck.

My second flight was with the FBW320 at KSEA.  I didn't see any GSX element (not the passengers, baggage train or pushback truck).  In both cases I tried mouse scrolling to zoom in and out but that didn't make any difference. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2022, 03:17:49 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm, if you see simulated passengers ( boarding fast, no passengers visible ), it's because GSX hasn't detected the jetway to be docked or hasn't detected the jetway at all, which can happen for the following reasons:

- If it's a 3rd party airport, it hasn't been disabled in the GSX Config panel.

- If you are sure it's disabled, the jetway hasn't docked, because it couldn't from that position

- If the jetway has docked, GSX cannot detect if it has, unless it has a working "hood" (the jetway cover) animation, which is the method GSX uses to know if a jetway docking, since nothing in the SDK explicitly tells if a jetway has docked, or where.

- There's a bug in the SDK Simconnect call that returns the scenery objects in a scenery, which (for jetways *only*) has a bug that, unless you ask for ALL objects in a 20Km range around the airplane, it won't return any jetways, if it wasn't for this bug, we would obviously only search for objects fairly close to the airplane, like in a range of 150-200 mt at most but, because of that bug we need to call in a 20km range, if the scenery contains lots of objects, the call might take longer and/or not returning data or might get stuck, so you need to RESTART COUATL before docking the jetway.

coxo2436

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 05:42:28 pm »
i have CONFIrmed that
1  am a parked at a jetway
2 i have disabled all 3rd party airports ( i have tried with and without )
3 I am using the latest gsxpro
and it still doesnt work as advertised
win11 msfs2020 beta 1.27.18.0amd ryzen 5600g gforce rtx 2060 super
GSX Pro installed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 05:47:46 pm »
i have CONFIrmed that

and it still doesnt work as advertised

Have you read my previous explanation ? Having disabled the airport it's just ONE prerequisite to see passengers. Have you checked all the others ? Has the jetway docked, for example ?

Flightdoc

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2022, 09:00:59 pm »
Oh boy that Simconnect bug is a problem lets hope its fixed soon. After fussing with EBBR for a long time I uninstalled and reinstalled and now with the default EBBR (3rd party) jetway I can see crew and passengers loading. Yay! Its progress. But no matter what I do I cannot get rid of the 3rd party jetway.

Oddly, when I use the EBBR config available here for GSX the passengers disappear again. When I remove it they come back. I am getting a Simbrief error at EBBR gates when I dont' run the custom EBBR config.
Flightdoc