Author Topic: GSX Pro in Trial when running on non-admin account  (Read 6139 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro in Trial when running on non-admin account
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2022, 09:35:43 pm »
As I've said, wouldn't be so much easier if you just GAVE your user admin permissions ? You obviously have full access to your system so, why are you making your life unnecessarily complicated by running with a limited permission account ?

You are the one and only still reporting this problem.

Roter_Zwerg

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2022, 04:11:28 pm »
The reason is very simple because it makes it harder for viruses if the user that is used on a daily basis only has limited permissions a potential virus can do less harm. It simply is safer.
Also he is not the only one because i have the exact same problem and i dont have dementia so i know im not typing my password in and not noticing that.
Taskmanager shows that everything is run by me and not the admin.
Also as soon as my wheels leave the ground i can choose an airport and a gate but when i land it says Trial Mode again.
I would really appreciate some help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2022, 05:12:29 pm »
The reason is very simple because it makes it harder for viruses if the user that is used on a daily basis only has limited permissions a potential virus can do less harm. It simply is safer.

Virus won't be any less dangerous if you are using a limited user account, since if they came with something you installed that already took full permissions and won't run without, they will get to you regardless of the permission level.

The only reason for having a limited user account, is if you share your PC with other users, so you want to be sure whatever they are doing in their own user profile, won't affect yours.

However, if you are still convinced a limiter user account is a good idea, you can just follow the suggestion that has been posted elsewhere: granting you full permission only while installing and activating GSX, then go back to limited permissions.

There's a post on the forum titled "How to Get GSX Pro Working for MSFS 2020 in Non-admin Account"

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28730.msg187338.html#msg187338

Airbus1234

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2023, 08:30:00 pm »
Where is the  %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2023, 04:45:34 pm »
Exactly there:

%APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache