Author Topic: My last experience  (Read 1410 times)

farman

My last experience
« on: August 30, 2022, 08:47:50 pm »
After a daily update via the OFFLine Addon Manager, I started a flight at SBBE:
1-Usual 2/3 attempts to start GSX (not so tragic)
2-Nearly at the end of baggage boarding, the attached window opened, while the baggage boarding, stairs operating etc. regularly  end their task
3-Of course impossible to start the pushback, but it didn't matter, since I left the parking without GSX.
4-The unusual thing is that this window (Loading GSX menu, please wait..) didn't stop during the flight to its end. Always running, no voice in the background.
    Regards,
        Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My last experience
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 08:55:42 pm »
1-Usual 2/3 attempts to start GSX (not so tragic)

You mean "unusual", that shouldn't happen, please describe exactly why it requires more than one attempt to start, could be you are always adding/removing sceneries, forcing a cache rebuild each time ? When the cache is rebuild, you can't start or use GSX and, if the process takes time, you think GSX is failing to start, but in fact is just waiting for the cache regeneration to end.

4-The unusual thing is that this window (Loading GSX menu, please wait..) didn't stop during the flight to its end. Always running, no voice in the

Why you don't just Restart Couatl ? The button is there precisely to put you out of apparently "stuck" situations. It's possible that might been an error when it went "stuck" on ground, but it's difficult to know which one, without a log, made after it went stuck.

farman

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 09:55:04 pm »
About your first question, yes, since I have a great number of add-ons, I always chhose to activate the ones at departure and arrival - of course letting aside the ones directly inserted in the Community/Officlal folders; for example, all the ORBX,Aewrosoft, Contrail, FSDT ones atc. that are installed in external folders, as you can see fron the attached picture
      Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 10:33:36 pm »
About your first question, yes, since I have a great number of add-ons, I always chhose to activate the ones at departure and arrival - of course letting aside the ones directly inserted in the Community/Officlal folders; for example, all the ORBX,Aewrosoft, Contrail, FSDT ones atc. that are installed in external folders, as you can see fron the attached picture

That's precisely the usage pattern that makes GSX starting late, letting you assume it takes "many tries". It's not random, it's just you can't use it while the cache is being rebuilt so, if you force a continuing cache rebuilding at each start, you are making GSX behaving this way, when it was supposed to happen only after installing a new scenery.

This should change in the future, when the new API from SU10 will be out of Beta, assuming it will be also updated to add some things we are sill missing and we obviously asked to Asobo to be added ( data about Jetways, Jetway links and Runways Starts are missing in the current Beta ), we might possibly get away with the airport cache altogether, solving lots of issues and being able to read encrypted airports as well.

Flightdoc

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 06:48:59 am »
"solving lots of issues and being able to read encrypted airports as well.
"

WOW. lets hope...
Flightdoc

farman

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 07:08:44 am »
Hi Umberto, lso et's hope for the nexy 10 Update. BTW, thanks for your quick answers to my posts, very grateful.
    Fulvio